Saturday, January 31, 2015

My First Raz



A random act of Zentangle is a little piece of art that is left in a public place and will hopefully brighten someone's day when they find it.
It's a gorgeous Saturday morning here in San Francisco and my neighborhood cafe (or my studio annex) was hoppin' at 7 am. Yes, I am up and out of the apartment that early on my day off.
Anyhoo, I've been trying to stay focused on the task-at-hand: working a Valentine inspired embellishment to my new tangles and reworking some old ones.
I have a Dud pile. I never throw anything away and I've used some dud tiles to practice new coloring techniques and shading. 
A few months ago I started transitioning some work out of my sketchbook and onto the tiles (I use Bristol vellum pads and cut the pieces to size & round the corners) and I didn't always have my Zen going, giving up in frustration or abandoning some pieces out of sheer boredom.
Fast forward and now I'm looking back on some of those pieces and trying bring them back to life by playing with contrast and adding a little red.
I just joined the RAZ facebook group so now I'm leaving my first RAZ at the cafe.

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments=D

No comments:

Post a Comment