Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Journals to the People: Cherish

Here's the first of 6 more journals I'm getting ready to send off to The Marketplace at Nevermore Creations. Four of these journals are for the July challenge where we're required to use a selection of digital pages and kits from the shop.
The Deets:
5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Soft cover "frankenpaper" and fabric
2 signatures
72 pages

digitals:
Full of Hot Air
Button labeled Botanicals
Rose Quotes


Lots of sewing in this one using black thread for the first time.
I only printed this balloon kit once on 20# copy paper ( flimsy but good for collages) spreading it over 4 journals.





As if I didn't need a reason to save every bit of scrap. I layered strips of scrapbook paper then zig zag stitched over a string of yarn.


Frankenpaper cover


The results of my day dying silk fabric strips using alcohol ink. They came out really pretty.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, Michele! These are just gorgeous. You’ve been busy.
    I’m hoping to try my hand at one before the year is out. It’s not like we don’t have time!
    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete