Sunday, July 5, 2020

Birthday week Stay-cay




I celebrated my GULP...60th birthday yesterday. I bought myself a little prezzie and a whole new adventure for Coffee & Creativity. I am not proficient with computers at all. I haven’t had one for 2+ years when my cheap little netbook crapped out on me. Three months ago I thought making my own coffee was gonna be the big lockdown epiphany. Seriously.
The day I moved into this apartment 18 years ago, I discovered my neighborhood cafe and it became my home away from home. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes just to grab my bus coffee on my way to work or to sit for a couple of hours in the morning with my netbook, Zentangle and art journal, enjoying the free WiFi. Sometimes twice a day ... returning later in the evening for a sandwich and a couple of beers and a good book.
So, here I am, coffee and WiFi at home and a refurbished iPAD Pro...making journals to send off for consignment and trying to learn Procreate and digital art. It’s a challenge.


Anyhoo...on the junk journal front, I’ve got four in progress. Two are repurposed books and two are “Frankenpaper” soft covered books lined with fabric. Four books using 3 digital sets and only one printing of each set. Game on.

No shopping trips to buy supplies so I’m shopping my stash and exploring digital prints to support the inspiring YouTube peeps who put themselves out there making videos of themselves making art and creating papers that are waaaaayyyyy more inspiring than the stuff I’ve picked up in any craft store.
I had a crafty epiphany the other day as I was finishing up a bunch of embellishments for this months marketplace challenge at Nevermore Creations. I was watching Daisy at Tsunami Rose decorating tags and stitching with black thread. I NEVER use black thread. I used black thread. I love it.
So yeah...I OCD’d with the black thread.




No comments:

Post a Comment