Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Birthday Week Stay - cation: Marketplace Journals in Progress


I’ve got four journals in the works to send off to Lindsey Zenor’s Nevermore Creations Marketplace consignment shop by the end of July. In the last couple of days I got all of the machine stitching done on all of the pages and embellishments and then yesterday I sewed all of the signatures in. I haven’t committed to attaching the cover plates nor have they been named.


I’m really in love with this cover! I’ve been hoarding this paper for nearly a year. It was a one-off find from my local S.C.R.A.P. therefore ridiculously cheap, like $2.00 for the 20” x 24” sheet thereabouts. I loved the original olive green color but...anyhoo...by much trial and error and scaredy-cat hesitation I ended up with this cool cover.




I’m using three digital kits with this vintage hot air balloon themed kit as the primary focal.

 I could only manage one printing of each set so I did a lot of deconstruction then reconstruction to stretch them out over 4 books.








  There’s still some detailing to do...perhaps some stamping and stenciling.









2 comments:

  1. I love the lacy cover- is that embossing, or did the paper come that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Yes the paper was embossed like this when I bought it.

      Delete