Friday, November 20, 2020

The Clean up Journal

 

I've been having a play with fabrics and fibers lately inspired by textile artist Anne Brook (via Rachel at Roxy Creations). I tried my hand at slow stitching which is sort of a hybrid of embroidery, hand stitching and quilting but more free-style as you can layer up fabrics and laces and trims and buttons...

The pieces of fiber are my clean up baby wipes.


My other latest obsession are the Willa journals created by Wendy Solganik on her Instagram willa.wanders. I signed up for her workshop that starts in January and couldn't be more excited about that.
Gelli prints...
Stenciling...
Roll off from cleaning my brayer during a gelli print sesh...
The interior is my attempt at a Willa sewing on some tabs here and there...
More clean up paper with some watercolor doodling...
Clean up paper with some additional mark making for contrast.

Some traditional papers thrown in here and there to break things up.

The journal measures 6 x 6 with 2 signatures and probably about 20 sheets per signature.

I love this book.










No comments:

Post a Comment