Thursday, November 26, 2020

Sketchbook Skool: Week 1...again

 

Homework for the Sketchbook Skool class “Be an iPad Artist”week 1A. I may have mentioned waaaayyyy back... July perhaps...that I bought an iPad for my birthday. My intention was (and still is) to learn a bit of graphic art. After several fits and starts with some You Tube tutorials and overall hemming and hawing and procrastination, I purchased a class at Sketchbook Skool earlier this month (which is super awesome btw). I’m learning Procreate which is really cool but I’m so awkward at it and quite overwhelmed.  I took a break early on because I needed a matte screen protector. I ordered and received it last week and only just installed it today...ugh! that was a frustrating ordeal. There’s a lot of dust floating around here.
Anyhoo... I made it through the first homework assignment: Do a drawing using two or three different drawing tools. This was where I hit the wall the first time. Without the matte surface the pencil was sliding all over the place and it got super frustrating.
So today I went back and started the class all over, did the homework and shared it over on the community page. I’m very happy that I jumped my first hurdle and though the composition is a bit wonky I had some serious fun playing with several of the drawing tools and trying to get more used to this whole new world of creativity.,..
I’m going  do whatever I can to spend some time at this every day. This old dog is gonna learn some new tricks 😉




No comments:

Post a Comment