Monday, November 23, 2020

Coffee. That is all...oh! and Sunshine

 

This was a new thing for me...creating a theme around a Michael’s paper pad. I’ve always had a weird resistance to scrapbook paper pads because I just never know how to use them.  Back in the day, when going to the craft store was relatively easy and the coupons, bargains and sales were plentiful, I would snag a paper pack or two if something caught my eye. I get them home and think “Now what?” And into the drawer they went.

This coffee themed pad with its watercolor style was cute and being Coffee & Creativity, I thought “well let’s just see if I can manipulate this one dimensional, commercial scrapbook paper into something a bit more...creative. Someone said on YouTube that the scrapbook paper industry has not caught up with the junk journal community. 

Much collaging happens...


Gelli printed papers cut into shapes and stacked.

Scrapbook paper coffee dyed and stenciled...

I had started this book last year or early this year since I haven't been to Michael's since January. I hit a wall with it and only just finished it so I could give to my niece last week. We met up for lunch so I could meet my sweet baby great nephew.





No comments:

Post a Comment