Sunday, November 15, 2020

Super Cute Project For a New Baby


 Last month our family welcomed a sweet baby boy to whom I am one of several great aunts.

My niece asked if I would create some artwork for his room. "I'm open to anything, just not too baby-ish" was her very practical request for as we all know that it won't be long before the room will become that of a little boy then a big boy. She gave me the color scheme of the decor and off I went.

I tend more toward the abstract in my art these days so this type of art lurks at the edge of my wheel house.

These are 5 x 7 watercolors with a little colored pencil for definition.


These started out as illustrations I did for the baby journal.


Which then became fun little collages.





2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, are they cute! Yes, not too baby-ish. Besides, when he understands books he will be proud to belong to the Harry Potter owl club. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!I never thought about that! Thanks Susie❤

      Delete