Monday, September 7, 2020

Journals to the People: Garden Party

 


This the first of the journals I'm creating for the September Marketplace Challenge at Nevermore Creations. The theme is tea and florals using a selection of Lindsey's digital kits.
One of my neighbors left a box of magazines in our lobby several weeks ago which included some issues of Victorian Magazine. Generally not my style but perfect for this series.

I'm taking a different approach this month by finishing one journal at a time. I overwhelmed myself last month by setting up 6 journals from the start and working through them in stages. It got a bit tedious and though the journals turned out beautifully, they all looked the same and finishing them up felt like a chore.
I'm also struggling with incorporating digitals with my aesthetic, my art and staying true to my junk.
There's also the need to keep learning new things and getting out of my comfort zone now and then.
I had some fun dying paper earlier in the week. The flower department at the market where I work had a bunch of broken marigolds and of course my first thought was hmmnnnn....
and I love the color I managed to extract.



I anchored each of the two signatures with Gelli printed cardstock.

The yellow "letter" is marigold dyed paper.







The results are quite a mash-up. On to #2....

2 comments: