Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Duo-challenge and my Travelling Tangles Journey continues

Duo-Challenge
Joey #219 and IAST #246
featuring: Pokeroot & String Grid
additionally Pokeleaf and Miff

This was a fun one!  Like Joey, I'm not a fan of Pokeroot, yet I love Pokeleaf. Go figure;-) I started a little cluster giving myself the option to extend it out later. Or not.
I had actually started noodling around with Helen Williams' "String Grid" when I saw Adele's String Challenge on Tuesday night. Helen makes it look so easy. I'm not gonna lie. I drew it in pencil first. I did some erasing too. I'm a rebel like that and I'm very happy with the results.
I had extended some of the curling lines into the Joey space, not knowing then what I'd do with them until I saw Jem's (aka The Ragged Ray) post introducing her new pattern "Miff". Perfect.

Travelling Tangles completed this week:

My finishes...

...to these super cute starters from Leitha Hunt
that bird is my favorite thing ever!

My finishes...

...to these sweet starters by Margaret Blank

from my DIY watercolor sketchbook
inspired by this YouTube video from CreationsCeecee 



Thanks so much for stopping by! Your thoughtful and generous  comments delight and inspire me.







12 comments:

  1. A tangle only really takes life when you see someone else using it! Thank you for being the first person I've seen to use Miff! It looks fantastic in your expressive hand! Those tiny dots rising from it, pulling it all together - another wonderful duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jem! Miff is right up my alley ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  2. Your wonderful Duo-Challenge is my favorite this week again, Michele! And your traveling tangles are beautiful too, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your String Guide tile (Helen Williams) is awesome. Ragged Ray's Miff just finished it off. I had to go look it up and realized hers was a blog I wasn't following (now remedied). Love the pattern. Michele, you continue to be an inspiration. I might have to look into some of the challenges to keep me grounded in Zentangle. The watercolor is awesome. Thanks for sharing all of this. (Did you notice the Diva is missing this week? Hope that all is okay with her.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pat๐Ÿ˜‰ Yes, the challenges definitely keep me grounded in Zentangle, especially since I can be so easily diverted into other artsy endeavors ๐Ÿ˜‰ I definitely noticed the Diva void this week. I saw her post a few things on Instagram this week but nothing challenge related. Maybe she just forgot.

      Delete
  4. I might add that I tried the String Guide video this morning - did it twice with ink only and wasn't happy with my outcome. Thank you for admitting you did pencil first. I will revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I open your post, I always am impressed by the wonderful colourcombinations, love them all!
    As usual the T.T. finishes look great and your duochallenge is fantastic with an excellent choice of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ria! I love where these TT's take me ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  6. I may not have commented here for a while, but be assured, Michele, I am following you from post to post. Your duo tiles are absolutely fantastic and creative (as they always are!!). Your finishes always make me shake my head in admiration. I would never know where to start, let alone finish one. And your last one...WOW, your watercolor art has turned professional. Great post, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Susie! You are very kind and your words are much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜‰ I've been visiting your blog frequently but the commments appear to be turned off. I always love looking at your work ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this comment is a bit late - we've been away again. I love what you did with my starts. If you remember I included a little note note saying they were an apology in advance of you seeing a blog post that mentions you. It's now online if you want to see why!

    ReplyDelete