Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Two Duo Challenges and other artsy endeavors

Duo-Challenge
&
It's a String Thing #248

I've got both this and last weeks duo challenges here. Last week was a total bust creatively as well as mentally. I was dog sitting for some friends who have a 1 year old labradoodle. This was uncharted territory for me. I sat for their older dogs for years, but they eventually passed on and because I had Aimee, I hadn't done any dog sitting for them in well over a year. Aimee has gone back to live with my sister. I miss her like crazy but I know she's happy and she's back with the family she's known since she was a baby. I'll bet she misses the peace and quiet though;-)
Anyhoo, the dog was a maniac and the week had me so stressed out not being at home and off my routine. Drawing just did not happen. Things are back to normal. For now.

Duo Challenge
Joey's Weekly Challenge #220
&
It's a String Thing #247



Multi Media Art Journal
in an altered book

I'm still plonking my way through the mixed media journaling thing. I have a lot of fun with the backgrounds but I get so stuck trying to finish them. This one sat for weeks with the Klimt image and the dried flowers until I finally finished it this morning. Yay!

Travelling Tangles completed this past week:

My finishes...

...to these starts from Barb Mavraganis

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.






14 comments:

  1. Oh my, no more Aimee! I'm really not a cat person, but I will miss her!

    Your Duos are stunning, particularly the first! So much movement back and forth! And those TTP finishes! Wow. The one on the left, the way you emphasised that dark section! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! Yes, life is quite different without Aimee, but she's not far😉

      Delete
  2. I know, you did the best for Aimee and when she is happy with your sister, that is nice to know. Anyway, I will miss her unique pics!
    I agree with Jem, your duos are always beautiful and I'm fond of the finished T.T. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria! I do miss Aimee, so that gives me an excuse to go visit my sister more often😉
      It was good to get back to some art this week.

      Delete
  3. Oh Michelle! I will miss those quirky Aimee photos!! I'm sure you will miss her company as well... even though she might have been your sisters cat. How long did she enrich your days and nights? Do you think you will cave and adopt a new furry companion?.... or is occasional puppy sitting enough?

    I love your Duo Challenges.... especially the one with Drupe! And I always love seeing the creative way you compliment the T.T.'s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne. I had Aimee for over a year. I live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets and I managed to keep her under the radar for a very long time. I told my landlord she wasn't my cat. It was the truth. I will not be sitting for puppies again. Waaaay too stressful 😉

      Delete
  4. I love that top duo challenge - it is majestic!! All your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I love your work. Seeing your Drupe made me want to redo mine. I'll have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Duotangles are my favorites again this week, and of course the beautiful traveling tangles, Michele. Great expressive works in your own wonderful style.
    I'm sorry you had to give Aimee back to your sister. I know how it is like to let such a cute cat make her way. We once had a "guest cat" who was more with us than with their family. And then we moved. When we once came back to visit our former neighbours, the cat turned and disappeared. I still feel sorry for this after thirty years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Margarete😉 I still have a phone full of Aimee pictures. I'll delete photos of my art before I'll delete a photo of her😻

      Delete
  7. It looks like we all agree: Your Drupe duotangle is the winner of the page, if not of all drupes, but your TTs are not far behind...great colors! If after ONE week of not drawing ONE tangle these tiles are the result...Hey, I am off, see you in FOUR weeks!
    Ever thought about becoming a foster parent for cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie😉 I doubt I'll be getting another cat. Aimee is family and it was tricky keeping her under the radar from my landlord, but worth it🐾

      Delete