Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Journals to the People: Holiday #1

 

I'm going waaaayyyy out of my comfort zone this month, creating holiday themed journals for Lindsey Zenor's Marketplace October Challenge. They will be shown on her You Tube channel and listed through November, created from a list of 7 digitals from her shop and each journal must feature three.
I generally don't do themes and definitely don't do holidays as my stash doesn't support it and I've never had a use for holiday themed journals.
After spending hours and hours on You Tube, a video from Rosemary Morris popped up last week featuring a flip thru of a group of double wide Travelers Notebook style journals she was putting in her Etsy shop. That was the jumping off point for this and others I have in the works.
I have a lot of this batik cotton and it's the closest thing I have that remotely speaks to Christmas.
So...this is my first ever Christmas/December Daily journal.
I've never done December Daily so my understanding of it is the book should have the capacity to hold 31 double facing pages so that one can create a full page spread a day.
There are two signatures, one on each of two spines. Each signature has about 8 sheets of paper which in total make 64 pages front and back. There are a bunch of tags that can be journaled on as well.
I only decorated very sparsely because the recipient needs their own space to work.
Center page collage...
Coffee stained papers.


a scrappy paper pad

So far I have 3 journals finished ( more or less) and have about 2 more weeks to mail off. Stay tuned...






2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so totally fantastic. Theme or no theme, your double mounted journal is a sight to behold. Love it to bits! I am crossing my fingers for you for the next 2 weeks. You are a winner for me already!!!

    ReplyDelete