Thursday, October 22, 2020

Journals to the People: Christmas in October




Whew! If this wasn't the challenge to beat all challenges. The October challenge journals for Nevermore Creations Marketplace is Christmas themed.
Truth be told I'm not a great fan of the holiday season in general. I don't like the dark. I don't like the commercial bombardment and I don't like the pressure, among other things. This year it appears I 
might get a free pass on all of that...well, except for the shorter days.
Anyhoo, I decided to challenge myself and do my best to embrace The Challenge. I took it one journal at a time and looked to explore some new ideas. Six journals later. Done. Yaaay! I have to say this was quite a feat because my Christmas stash is next to nothing.
I made 3 four paneled Travelers Notebook sized books (inspired by Rosemary Morris), 2 "standard" sized ( 5 I/2" x 8 1/2) and the last one was a total experiment, making a cover from a Christmas gift bag with the idea of it being along the lines of a glue book ( light embellishing). That was hard because I love to embellish.
So I'm getting these off to the post office tomorrow and though I keep telling myself I need to move on to the journals I'm making as gifts, I'm seeing a lot of videos that are inspiring me all over again. We shall see...










2 comments:

  1. Michele, you did it and what a great collection it is! I am not familiar with the challenge, hence do not quite understand what will happen to the journals now that you have sent them in. However, I am sure you are glad that huge journal burden on your shoulder has dropped off....only to be replaced by a smaller burden of waiting for the result. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie! Sorry for the delayed response. These journals get sent to Nevermore Creations where they will be sold in their Marketplace Journals section if the website. The challenge is that we must use specific digitals in their creation. So the benefit to me is I get to make a little money from my hobby.

      Delete