Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TangleBomb Tuesday

Square One: Purely Zentangle Facebook Group~pattern of the week "squid"

It's the last day of the month and I've been saving up;) This is "Squid". I've enjoyed exploring this one. I love organic patterns and breaking out of the confines of a string.



Someone in the group called this Mooka Pizza. I love it! In fact, I'm loving Mooka almost as much as I love pizza and that's high praise indeed.



One Tangle Facebook Group Challenge week 13-an infinity string

I did a similar challenge back in January for I am the Diva where I had done a similar kind of web attaching the Moebius strip to the frame.

That's New to Me Challenge week 13 "L" patterns & Diva Challenge #211 "Flux"

I'm killing 3 challenges with one tile. I've got some new "L" patterns going on. There's "Lantern", "LinQ", "LoobyLoo" and a little "LaBel". Then I've added the two versions of "Flux" for the Diva Challenge. This is a throwback of sorts to the very first It's a String Thing Challenge using string #1 and to include your choice of "L" patterns in honor of Linda Farmer at tanglepatterns.com. I'm adding my own personal shout out to Lily Moon at Lily's Tangles as she's one of my inspirations in going for the color here. I'm trying to be more precise in my line work and I'm always amazed at her attention to detail.


for Jane Monk's One Tangle Facebook Group weekly challenge.

Another throwback in my game of Catch-up. My sketchbook has many pages like this with strings and prompts from previous challenges from all of the groups and blogs I follow. The strings can sit here for weeks and weeks, waiting for my creative lightning to strike. I also include notes as I draw. Early on in this one I was displeased with how sandswirl started out, most notably that I had way too much coffee to attempt such fine line work and that this sketchbook can be a bit clumsy when I have to turn it to get at a pattern better.

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean the world to me.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I like that you showed us your sketchbook and gave me a little encouragement on not doing some of the challenges yet. I agree sometimes you have to let the work speak to you. As I keep being reminded in the many different art sites I visit, it's not the product, it's the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! I only started doing the various challenges last November so occasionally I'll go back through, say, The Divas archives and dig up old challenges, lay a couple out in the sketchbook and then something out there will inspire me and I'll find the challenge that seems to be the right fit.

      Delete
  2. Great work, some of them I saw floating by on FB, but here al together, is great. Your mooch pizza indeed is awesome. And your squid is outstanding. Love the little colored fescu you added, makes the tile wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great drawings! I agree about Lily--her work is fabulous! Thanks for being part of the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all delightful. Loved your sketchbook and the notes and such you jot down. The Squid tile I think is my favorite. It's delicate and balanced, with a light motion. Serene and floaty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all beautiful tiles, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great work. Like the contrast in your Flux tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele, I'm totally blown away by the beautiful work you shared! I love your Flux tile in particular. The areas with color seem to grow out of the mist, and are so beautiful! And yes, I love your Mooka Pizza - that's exactly what I thought too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the flowing simplicity of the first one and the extremely complex combo to go with the two "Flux"versions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every one of these tiles is so unique and wonderous! WOW...you have been very creative. I like how you did both flux styles in one tile. I have never done Mooka, but after seeing it several times this week I am wanting to give it a try...thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! I love using the flux as the background on your Diva Challenge tile. Your "Mooka Pizza" is wonderful and looks good enough to eat...lol. Seriously, your work is ALL fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lezli! I've been a little OCD this week with the tangling;)

      Delete