Sunday, March 1, 2015

Made by Joey Challenge #49

patterns: Night 'n Day, Hypnotic, Phroz, Scrumble,
& I can't remember the other two

This weeks Challenge #49 over at Made by Joey is to stack boxes 3-2-1 and fill with tangles of your choice.
Currently, in my toolbox, I have a stack of watercolor "twinchies" (2" square tiles) I made from several large watercolor wash samplers I did before the holidays, trying to re-familiarize myself with my old art school watercolor palette and watercolor technique in an effort to make these as Christmas gifts:



Last week, during one of many Pinterest procrastination sessions, I was inspired by a cool mosaic of cut up and reassembled squares from a larger, abstract watercolor wash, I pulled out the stack of washes I'd tucked away and cut everything up, like these pieces I re-assembled in my sketchbook. I'm going to draw something over it but I don't know yet what.

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments and questions are welcome and appreciated.


2 comments: