Thursday, April 19, 2018

Diva Challenge #360 and the Duo-Challenge

Duo-Tangle: Shattuck & Tripoli
"All of your Art is practice for more Art"-The Diva

I'm really enjoying the DIY art journal for these challenges lately. I started out thinking of the watercolor background as a stand of trees, then I saw feathers. Feathers and trees. Why not?
Tripoli is one of those patterns that took me  the longest time to wrap my pen around  so I was quite pleased with myself at being able to corral it into that oval whereas in the past I'd always been so intent on getting the triangles consistent that it went off the rails and frustrated me. Now I know better;-)
This quote came back to me while I was working on the shading. I was remembering what Laura said while she was finishing up her YouTube video of last weeks finger string challenge about having an art practice. Wise words;-)

The start

The Diva's quote could not have been more relevant as I struggled worked my way through the duo-challenge.

Duo Challenge


Duo Challenge
I got stuck

Joey starts this one off with "Relly Telly One" Front and Center. Adele's curvy/loopy string brings "Tupuk", "Flec" and "Fassett" into the mix and flowed quite nicely from the point of  RellyTellyOne which I'd drawn on Monday. I ended up partially using the loops in Adele's string to inspire the curved and wavy lines I eventually built Tupuk on.
It started off so well because all of the patterns were either ones I've enjoyed before or in the case of Tupuk, a new-to-me pattern that not only fit into my wheelhouse, but it's creator Ria Matheussen is one of my ZenPals (as is Jem Miller, the creator of "Flec").
Then I got stuck. It happens all the time with these and I've learned to take a break or two. This one vexed me more than usual, but as soon as I recalled The Diva's wise words I reminded myself that these Duo-Challenges are meant to be exercises in balance and contrast. It's busy and a bit cluttered  but that's ok.
I procrastinated a bit over at the Zentangle Mosaic app and saw one of Maria's tiles where she "Orbed and Aura'd" Crescent Moon. More wise words "When in doubt...Aura! " So there ya go;-)

Other artsy stuff:

Abstract botanicals
DIY art journal
brush pen

Blue Botanicals
DIY art journal
Platinum Preppy fountain pen
Iroshizuko Kon-peki blue ink


Multi media art journal

She cracks me up when she does this
in the midst of grooming she'll suddenly freeze
and stare into space 


Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me;-)








14 comments:

  1. You've done some beautiful artwork Michele! So much to look at! My Lilu 🐺 does the same freeze frame pose... must be a kitty brain fart! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanne! I guess it's a common cat thing. I see it on the cat Facebook pages from time to time. Like...is your cat seeing ghosts?

      Delete
  2. Wow! Loving your duo action! All of it is so impressive. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Zoe used to sit like that on the couch! Lovely tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are amusing and amazing little creatures;-) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work this week, Michele! My favorites are the duotangle again and the beautiful botanicals. The Diva challenge in blue is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you explained you process this week and the wonderful outcomes. I really like the botanical pieces in your art journal and the photo of Amy is just to funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I can't tell you how many times I've thought to myself "Maybe I'll skip it this week" as I start to ponder the duo-tangles...but therein lies the challenge;-)

      Delete
  6. I agree with Margarete, the duo-challenge of Joey and Adele is stunning, wonderful "playing" of the tangles, included Tupuk (I love the way you have integrated it on those challenges and also the botanicals are beautiful, especially the blue one... and than, one of the best pics of this cute model and muze!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria! I'm thinking I might go back and add some Tupuk to my circular botanical page. It will definitely be part of many botanicals to come;-)

      Delete
  7. I really like the feathers and trees tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, your quality and quantity of production is super impressive. After the rather drab winter we had, your use of color is uplifting.

    ReplyDelete