Friday, December 30, 2016

Made by Joey #145, Square One: Purely Zentangle and Travelling Tangles

Finish My Tile Series
"Barberpole" frame

For my last post of 2016, I'm trying to play a little catch-up. My drawing time has been very sporadic these last few weeks. I did the Joey challenge earlier in the week, tweaking her Barberpole frame a little to adapt to my coffee stained ATC. I kept this pretty simple.
For the last Diva Challenge I offered up my "Gift of Zentangle" to 3 commenters to the post. The winners were posted here.

"Drawings" for Square One: Purely Zentangle

After last weeks fun with Drawings for the IAST challenge and the come-down from a lot of  holiday frenzy, I felt the need to simplify. Things are starting to get back to normal. That means tangling with my morning coffee at the cafe around the corner from my apartment. Normally, I pack up waaayy too many tools.  I left the apartment with a couple of white tiles, one black pen, a pencil and a stump.

"Stella" for Square One: Purely Zentangle

I think I created this in the midst of holiday madness, some form of procrastination for sure, because I don't remember when I drew this. It must have been for Square One's "Stella" prompt, I was scrolling through my pictures and thought "Where did that come from?" Ha! It's been a rough week;-P
I finally finished these Travelling Tangles this morning. I've got a bit of a backlog to keep me busy;-)
My finishes to the Gems theme tile and Bijou 
sent by Debra Huff in Oceanside California

Deb's start

For some reason I decided this needed a dose of "Icanthis". It's not a pattern I'm comfortable with at all. I love the look of it and I'm a big fan of organic patterns, but through all of my noodling around, I just wasn't gelling with it.
At the same time, whilst procrastinating on Facebook, I came across a prompt to create an art journal page with your "Word of the Year" to describe your approach to 2017. I almost lifted "Explore" from Alphabet Salad but suddenly "Fearless" came to mind. I'll work on that for my first post in 2017.
In the meantime I decided to lay down "Icanthis" and let the chips fall where they may;-)

I love this Bijou!

I returned to my comfort zone of Mooka to finish this one..

 Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.



1 comment:

  1. All are just beautiful, dear Michele!
    Especially I like the third one. There are so much lovely details!
    Wishing you a happy new year, too!
    Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete