Saturday, November 12, 2016

String Challenge #170 and a Travelling Tangles Album

"Oke" and "Jellylegs"

Thankfully Adele tasked us with a relatively simple challenge this week, using a very simple string and two simpatico patterns. I love playing with "Oke" and don't use it often enough. I was drawn to "Jellylegs" as soon as it popped up last week. I still have a few of the orange and black tiles I made for the October challenges and it felt like a good fit here. I'm slowly emerging from my funk and I feel like I may be getting some semblance of a  Zentangle groove back.
As I mentioned in my last post, I finally got caught up with my Travelling Tangles backlog. For anyone not familiar with The Travelling Tangles Project, check this out. It's a wonderful group of collaborative artsy ZenPals that make trips to the mailbox a treat.
My next wave is beginning to trickle in and though I didn't complete any new pieces this week, I spent some very therapeutic quality time on my Travelling Tangles album. My spirits were lifted and I feel truly grateful.


I bought two of these scrapbooks years ago because they were on sale somewhere. I'm not and never have been a scrapbooker but thankfully they survived many Feng Shui purges, just waiting for the perfect purpose. I also had a postcard book of antique maps.

I've been so impressed and inspired by the creativity involved in the whole package: the envelope art,  handmade notecards, and the personal notes are all cherished.

Happy Mail!



Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments make my day!




11 comments:

  1. I actually laughed out loud when I saw this post, as just the other day I bought an album to start gathering my TTP tiles together. That one of yours is a true treasury. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! I can't believe how fast this collection has grown. This is a great source of joy:-)

      Delete
  2. It's a wonderful project. :) Also really great way to show the tiles to others.
    I have mine in a sketchbook, with slits cut into the pages to help keep the tiles in place. I write the names of the artists and the country they sent the art from. I keep pretty cards, decorated envelopes, and all the stamps I've saved from the TTP in another metal box. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I really had to amp up my game when all of the gorgeous mail started coming in. Now, it takes me longer to do cards and envelopes than it does to create the tiles:-P

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tile for the String challenge and your Travelling-Tangle-Album is a fabulous idea! I´ll start such an album, too! Thanks for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele your album is fabulous. Great idea to incorporate all the lovely cards and envelops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele I love how you are collecting the travelung tiles. I have been trying to figure out a way to collect them along with the envelopes and other additions. The traveling tiles project is so much fun and it really pushes you to a creative side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten to look on this blogpost but now I am and I'm a bit jealous on your T.T. book. I think that is a real treasure with a great value. When you will be old you will remember all these tanglers who swapped with you. LOL
    Your string challenge tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your IAST tile is really beautiful and I love your colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete