Monday, September 26, 2022

Thunderbird: A Journal for Elaine

 

This is one of a pair of journals I created for my cousins, mother and son. This is the more decorative of the two. The cover measures about 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and about 72 pages front and back. The artwork is a collage of colored tissue pieces and the eagle represents her spiritual name "Thunderbird Woman". The charms are an eagle wing, two different turtles and the 4th is the Tree of Life.

Many of the images and decor represent the First Nations reserve where they live in Northern Ontario. The photograph is of the Moose River taken by another cousin (Martha).  I totally lifted this off of Marthas FB page. I hope she doesn't mind.

A pocket made from a piece of my junk mail that a bunch of useless coupons came in. I decoupaged some bingo cards cuz well...its Bingo!



Yup...I went a little "Extra" with the feathers LOL.
I used several digital images from ETSY creator Elsie Bells Bookshelf.




My own collage art






Mother and son.


No comments:

Post a Comment