This journal just made its way to the post office today, headed ultimately (fingers crossed) to my cousin in Canada. The cover is decoupaged with spent strips of bleeding art tissues that I had used to dye some of the pages within. I used matte gel medium to apply the tissue, added a layer of glossy gel medium, then coated it with gloss acrylic spray. I had made several of these covers on 12x 12 cardboards from frozen pizza boxes. The cover decoration is a die cut negative mounted on one of the off cuts from one of the other covers.
I included several of my collaged cards, some local postcards, and family photos.