Friday, May 24, 2019

Project share and a new tangent...

...collage. Much in the way that Zentangle relaxed me, gluing things to paper has weaseled its way into my daily artsy endeavors.
These are for a monthly swap series I've been making for the Facebook group Trashy and Flowish Junk Journals. Each month, we're given a template to incorporate into a 6" x 8" journal page. The idea is that at the end of the year you end up with 12 pages to bind into a journal.

I had two partners for this dress form swap. In a different swap, my partner had sent me a bunch of vintage buttons. I had so much fun with them.


The flower at the top is made from tea bags;-)


2 comments:

  1. I have always been impressed with this kind of CREATIVE artwork (and jealous of people who create them seemingly so effortlessly). Michele, your page results are absolutely stunning and your teabag rose...well, it is out of this world. I am just afraid that it will be crushed once you bind the book. Maybe you frame the page instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Susie! I've definitely fallen down the rabbit hole of this mixed media/collage/junk journal thing with mixed results. The teabag flowers look nice even when they're a bit flat. These pieces all went out in the mail so they be what they be;-)

      Delete