DuoTangle: Meer & Auraknot
This week the Diva challenged us to a DuoTangle (using only 2 patterns including variations). This was a fun challenge. I enjoy both of these patterns and thought it would be fun to use a new coloring technique (link below) using tissue paper that I discovered this week. This tile was a crazy combination of colors as I was experimenting with all of the colors in the assortment in a very random layout.
Made by Joey #125-Circle String Series #10
Coffee Ring featuring "Oof" with "Cheesecloth" and "Papyrus"
Sadly, this is the last of the circle strings, but happily, my obsession with coffee ring art has been ignited so this won't be the last time something like this shows up here;-)
Here's the set:
I'm behind on my Travelling Tangles. I only completed one this week:
Sabrina Kirjavainen sent me this Renaissance zendala and tile from Finland
My finished zendala
The heart in the center is actually embroidered! Isn't that cool? I contemplated this for quite some time. Official Zentangle Renaissance paper always challenges me as well as zendalas. That's what's so great about this whole project.
I'd been noodling around with "Abeko" and it seemed like it might be a good fit here. Sabrina used sepia and brown microns (I think). My last 01 sepia micron was already starting to dry out but I went for it anyway, (I always think of the amazing results Maria Thomas gets from her drying pens) starting with "Abeko" and it happily evolved from there.
I haven't gotten to the white tile yet, hopefully later this week. My work schedule is changing so it may throw me off my routine a bit. Anyhoo, stay tuned, I hope to post my IAST submission and another Travelling Tangle or two later this week ;-)
I learned something new this week! This community is amazing in so many ways. Folks are so generous with sharing of ideas and techniques. A couple of days ago, someone on the Travelling Tangles Project page asked about colored backgrounds. I shared mine, but the big revelation was Susan Rink Olsen's cool tissue paper technique. Sue and I collaborated on a tile a few weeks ago. She sent me this:
I was very curious how this was accomplished
Here are the results of my experimentation:
Just for fun
trying different colored ink on top of the color
Diane & Carolien's Weekly #69: Y-G-V
Y-Chain, Gingham and Vache
Diane & Carolien's Weekly #70 A-H-R
Abeko, Henna Drum and Rokpool
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!