Thursday, September 26, 2019

Project Share: Travelers Notebook to Travel

I whipped up this Travelers Notebook style cover the other day...sort of. Several years ago I got my mitts on a large quantity of decorator samples, most of which were about 10" x 10" squares as well as some a bit larger. I made a bunch of utility aprons (3 large pockets) as gifts...the kind that one can wear whilst crafting or a flea market/farmers market vendor might wear, or in my case as a cashier at the market I work in. The pocket strip was a crazy-quilt like mash up of all of these small pieces of really pretty fabrics.
I had made several apron kits set up and ready to assemble, the quilted strip already sewn together...then I hit a wall and put the whole project away...until now. I recently watched a video by PinkOddBird where she'd made a journal cover out of a clutch purse as well as a clutch style journal cover and I was like "Aha!" I dug out my abandoned project and got to it.

I'm going on a trip to Wisconsin next week, a trip I won at a Cheesemonger competition earlier this year. I'll be visiting several cheesemakers and I'm super excited about it. I've never been to Wisconsin and haven't done any traveling at all for years. I had made a bunch of journal inserts during a stash-busting session a while back so putting this all together didn't really take much time at all. 
I started decorating with a bunch of cheese stickers as well as other product related stickers I get from vendors who come and do demos at my market.
I added some postage stamps and made a writing board.

The signatures include scrapbook paper that I stenciled on the white back side, pages from Somerset Studios (a paper crafting magazine I love), some coffee dyed papers and map pages from a AAA TripTik I'd saved from my cross-country move from NYC back to California 19 years ago.

Somerset studios inspiration going on here...

Spray inks through several stencils...

I just threw down a few stencils onto the back of a bunch of scrapbook paper and sprayed coffee through them.


No comments:

Post a Comment