Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Project Share: A Junk Journal Spread Using Happy Mail

The finished journal page

A while back I participated in an Ephemera Swap in one of the Facebook groups I follow. The above spread was completed in my current Cafe Journal. It's a travelers notebook style journal, 4 1/2" x 8 1/2".

This  is a backward look at how this all went down.

The finished tag made from a packaging card

My partner had sent some black chalkboard tags in packaging as well as some printy collage paper and several die cuts to play with.
For budgetary and storage reasons more than anything, I don't buy ephemera, so it's nice getting bits and pieces in swaps.

The back of the card for journaling

I drew some lines on craft paper using an Inktense pencil and smudged it out with a water brush.

setting up for the cafe crafting session

Opening up the happy mail the previous evening
I love the bottle caps




Thanks  for stopping by!









2 comments:

  1. This is so different to my form of creating - but I love see how you pull all the elements together. And Frida looks like she approves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! I've fallen down the rabbit hole here for sure😉

      Delete