Thursday, August 22, 2019

Project Share: Happy Mail Junk Journal


I recently picked up this junk journal I had made several months ago upon receiving a Flow-ish journal swap in the Facebook group Trashy and Flowish Junk Journals. It was my second swap with the lovely Nikki P. 
A Flow-ish Junk Journal is an assembly of unbound junk journal fodder one can deconstruct so as to use bits and  pieces in your own creations be it an art journal, junk journal, collage or other mixed media art. In the group we're basically sharing our stash.

Nikki had sent her load of paper inspiration in a sturdy cardboard cover that she had collaged with a few images. I kept going with it and tore up a bunch of papers shed sent along and added more to the cover, slapped on some more paint and decoupaged a decorative napkin over the whole thing and added all of the collaging to the inside cover.


I assembled 2 signatures and sewed them into the cover with dental floss. She had included a cute cardboard pocket that I glued to the back cover in a way that made it flip as if another book page.

She had sent a vintage card with large black sewing snaps that I used to attach some pockets to the inside covers of each of the two signatures which hold bits of ephemera.

A painty background with a cluster of ephemera and a painty junk mail envelope with a collage tag inside.

This was a painty/stenciled background page I made in the book a bit later.


Coffee and creativity happening at the cafe this morning.


Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment