Friday, November 16, 2018

Diva Challenge #376 and other stuff...


String Theory
in the Trainwreck Journal


This is the plan
I just haven't gotten there yet

made a new Trainwreck

already makin' a mess;-)

Happy Mail:

Joey Van Oort sent me this great package of Italian Renaissance illustration,
 mostly from calendars
I used one to cover my Trainwreck Journal 
I love the giant whale stamp on the envelope
Thank you Joey!

A Flow-ish Journal I received from a swap partner

It's a collection of decorative papers, images and ephemera
 one uses in the creation of Mixed Media/Art/Junk Journals
it's a great way to diversify your stash without adding to it


nothing is permanently bound or attached 
so the recipient can remove items to use in other art
it's a stash swap;-)





Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me😍














12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I exactly "get" how you use the Trainwreck Journal. Is it sort of a scrapbook except you don't glue anything in so you can take things out to use elsewhere? In any case, it looks like you're having fun with it and the Diva Challenge composition fits in seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! The Trainwreck journal is just a drawing journal. It's where I do all of my Diva Challenges and other doodling, swatching of new mediums, make notes etc. It starts with a random painty pages which somewhere down the line, will inspire some drawing on top of it.
      I have several other journals in the works including a couple of "Junk Journals" where pretty much "anything goes". The Flowish journals I receive in swaps get culled for the Mixed Media work and Junk journals;-)

      Delete
  2. I like your magenta zentangle. The bright colors are so cheerful this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say again your journals are awesome!! I love looking at them. The Diva tile is great - love the patterning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sooo very beautiful; I love those journals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every week again, I'm so curious to discover your wonderful mixtures of colours, always beautiful. I love your tile for the Diva. You can draw every tangle in such a lovely way, I like that pattern very much but I really struggle to draw it in a nice way, so congratulations, you did it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed with your energy! doing all these handmade notebooks is really something to behold. The Diva challenge entry is perfect. I love that drizzle of raspberry on the pages of your trainwreck journal. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You show us that you have a lot of fun with your journals. Everywhere are interesting details to see. I also like your Diva tile very much!

    ReplyDelete