Friday, September 7, 2018

Diva Challenge #365 and other stuff

Back to Basics

The Diva is back after her Summer hiatus and boy, was I ready for this. Simple. Back to Basics? Uhmnnn...well, it started off that way😛
I did this in my mixed media sketchbook, using a 4" coaster as my template. I got the string from Adele's IAST challenge this week and didn't really intend to bring the string out of the box like I did, nor did I intend to fill in each section but that's just the way I roll.

Throwback Square One: "Cuke"
additionally: "PeelD"
and 
It's a String Thing Challenge #258
featuring: "Antidots", "Apacore" and "Afterglo"
in an A string in honor of Aretha Franklin

This was a fun one, though quite time consuming. I randomly chose a throwback Square One challenge this week and was quite inspired by this weeks featured pattern "PeelD". I love how this one came out.

Zendala Monday
This week was a pre-strung Zendala (I've been alternating each week). Awhile back, Jem (The Ragged Ray) and I had a comment convo regarding the limitations of the pre-strung Zendala and my aversion to sustaining symmetry within those boundaries. She had posted a pic of how she'd colored over a pre-strung zendala that left only a suggestion of the string. I jumped on that train as soon as the opportunity presented itself. You can barely see the string that I started with below. I liked the elegant S curves, but not so much the resolve around the border. I went with a Yin/Yang idea: dark vs light, structured vs organic.


I'm way behind on my Travelling Tangles:

my finish...
...to this start by Connie Kennekens
traveling all the way from The Netherlands

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.







20 comments:

  1. Dear Michele, it’s great to encounter you ánd your beautiful work again! You always inspire me 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous "back to basic tile" and of course again the duo challenge (lovely way of drawing Peeld)
    I love the beautiful coloured zendalatile and it is an original way to form a frame around the start of Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Duo is fantastic this week. I really want to work with PeelD - it's got heaps of potential.

    And I love your rule boundary breaking Zendala. It's stunning, so vibrant and flowing. It's amazing the way I started the idea following things you'd said, and now it comes full circle - pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! Yes, PeelD is my new favorite pattern and quite worth further exploration. I can see great things from you with it;-)
      The colored Zendalas was a brilliant idea. I did several of them. Thanks for that inspiration.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work this week, Michele! My favorites are your very inspiring duotangle followed by a great zendala tile and last but not least the back to the roots tile and your lovely TT-finish. I like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your 365 tile! and all your other work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Diva tile is gorgeous!!! Love to be back with all known tanglers. Great idea for the pre strung tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never disappoint! Great wedding tile - I mean ABSOLUTELY great wedding tile - and the DIVA tile is interesting indeed. However, with all this said, the colored prestrung is THE showstopper this week! Great colors and it sparkles in all the right places. Well done, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work as always! I love how intricate your Diva tile is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sidney! It's so nice to "see" you here again 😉

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pieces, dear Michele! Your Diva challenge tile ist wonderful and I do love your Duo challenge in the sketchbook ... just gorgeous! the colourful zendala is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Michele! So happy to get in touch this way again! Love to see your post and love your tile for the Diva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anita! It's so great to get back to the group connection and inspiration 😍

      Delete