Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Duo-Challenge and other Artsy Stuff


Duo-Challenge featuring Square One Purely Zentangle
pattern focus: Nik
additionally: Undu
&
Tangle All Around
patterns: Coraline, Auraknot & Archer
Alice Hendons string

This is what I started last week. I knew time was going to be limited so I didn't wait for the IAST challenge. I had randomly picked a Square One's "Nik" and instead I used Alice Hendon's prompts for the week from her Facebook group Tangle All Around. Whilst scrolling through Square One, Undo was the current focus and I thought it would work nicely with "Nik". It wasn't quite the result I was hoping for but I finished it nonetheless and finished is always good.

Zendala Monday
It's a String Thing #256
featuring: "Mazorito", "Hexa" and "Horti"

I had already chosen the pre-strung Zendala below when IAST appeared. I was thrilled to see patterns all created by my tangle pal, Ria Matheussen. Adele's "string" was just to use a circle. I did a little pattern study as all of these were new to me and knew that some how, some way I could manipulate them into this string. I used the inside of one of my Travelling Tangles happy mail note cards as it will go into my TTMMJJ and I knew that I wanted to archive these patterns for future use.


Travelling Tangles completed this week:

My finish...

...to this fun start by Margaret Blank
she'd stenciled over Brusho inks

My finish...
...to another of Margaret's starts

Margaret was amazingly generous with several fun background starters, as were so many others. I had to re-adjust my completion strategy. I always finish my starts in the order that I receive them, randomly picking one to start and so on. I operate under the "You can't wait for inspiration, you must chase after it with a stick!" philosophy rather than pick and choose what speaks to me. I used to complete everything in the packet before moving on to the next, but now I'm going to shoot for getting two done and then saving a little hoard for the lean times. I don't want my prompt swap mates waiting too long to see the results of our collaboration. That's just how I roll;-)

 My finish...
...to this Renaissance tile start by Kim Yodisborg

Here are a couple of spreads in my altered book mixed media journal. I tasked myself with using all of the new supplies I bought last week:


Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!








8 comments:

  1. Love your Duo - the way your Nik seems to float over your Undu!

    And your IAST zendala is great. The diminishing Horti are great and well done on getting in a little Hexa, I got in such a mess when practicing that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! These were both a but rough out of the gate but the down time was just what it needed😉

      Delete
  2. It is amazing that you are continuing every week to show such a lot of wonderful tiles and work of your mixed media book. I'm very proud to discover that one with my patterns is included! Wow, Michele, this zendala is very, very cool, all patterns flow so nicely into each other.Wonderful done.
    You are the queen of the T.T. All three look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria 😍 I had a fun challenge with your lovely patterns.

      Delete
  3. Love it all. That Zendala Monday one is awesome. Love the flow of the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy you nailed your Nik to the paper with those little dots to prevent a gush of wind stealing it off your tile. Now it just sways gently over Undu. My fav is your tile with Henna Drum (you will always get a big head start from me if you draw Henna Drum!!). You drew that tile just as I would have done. Honestly!!! So once more a great post, Michele. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete