Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Weekly Challenges & more Artsy Meanderings

Heart String Zendala


Well...I went completely rogue on this challenge. I don't have zendalas and knowing that we were in for the last of Laura's heart string challenges I had already headed down to my cafe with a couple of eco-printed papers to find out what the challenge would be, hoping that I could make it work if I translated hearts into leaves.
Of course, I could have gotten the challenge at home and found something I could cut into a zendala but where's the fun in that? It's sort of my thing to wait until I have my coffee before opening up the Monday challenges and get going. I used water soluble Staedtler Triplus fineliners and gave the whole thing a spritz of water after I got all the line work done.

Duo Challenge

Halfway through this I realized I'd forgotten one of my purposes of these pages is to introduce new patterns to my repertoire once I get the required patterns in place. I find I rely too much on the Fescu thing as well as my habit of using Sandswirl and Crescent Moon all the time. Fortunately I stopped myself, did a quick scan over some Square One postings, found Meshmerize and carried forth. This page did not come together for me at all...until I shaded. 

Here's one of the pages in my multi-media journal using stuff from my travel memento box and a couple of zentangle tiles from my "Dud" pile. There are postcards, Paris metro tickets, train schedules and museum entry tickets embedded on the page before gessoing and painting over them. It was so much fun creating this page and reliving my days wandering around one of my favorite cities.



DIY journal

🐾🐾🐾🐾😻

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me;-)








22 comments:

  1. I L💜VE Amy's selfie!! Lol!! And I love your creative "not a zendala" eco-dye art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "translated" hearts are just beautiful. Also the second picture of your DIY is my favorite this week.
    I'm always curious how Aimée is going to look and this picture is sooooooooooo cool, her eyes, wow, she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria! It's been a fun week making art (when Aimee lets me).

      Delete
  3. The idea of ​​drawing heart-shaped leaves is more beautiful than sweet little hearts. And your tile fits wonderfully in your series cosmic garden. It is my absolute favorite this week. But I also like your other drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margarete! Yes, I'm quite over the hearts but I do love drawing and painting leaves so it all worked out;-)

      Delete
  4. I am just loving your Fescu's of late. The way they all line up, and so many of them, reminds me of a butterfly's antenna that I saw in a picture and wanted to do JUST exactly what you've been doing in your duo tiles lately. But as always, your pieces are all so luscious! good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heidi! I thought the simple black on white duos would save me a little time, but they actually take me much longer than two tiles would. I love the added challenge;-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome pieces of art! Love the Diva Challenge tile. I am going to try the spritzing of the fineliners to see how that works. I have been using a nonwaterproof fountain pen and found that going over the lines with a waterbrush gives a different texture. So this will be on my radar now. Thanks for the inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I do love the water soluble pens. It's always a bit of a crap shoot with the water, but I like going back in and definining some parts here and there. It's a neat effect;-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pieces this week! Such a gorgeous page in your mixed media journal! The colors really remind me of spring. My favorite this week is the DIY journal page. I love seeing the text underneath the tangles, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week's photo of Aimee makes me want to deconstruct a patterns based on the stripes on her chest. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that zendala of yours!!! I LOVE that own initiative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to get back to your blog now and then! Your cat is sending good energy! Beautiful tile for the Diva. And your journal pages are great! So inspiring! thank´s for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s lovely how you combine 2 challenges! Your cat is so sweet, almost as sweet as mine ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilse! Yes, Aimee is a sweetie...even when she's sticking her nose in everything I'm doing;-)

      Delete
  11. It is always a great pleasure to visit your blog. I recognize Marta and your travel memento journal is fantastic. I am a minimalist, throw away old stuff kind of girl. Now I regret that and turned into an avid trash collector (why did I then just throw away a tile I absolutely didn't like??!!). My self-made envelop journal is ready to go, but I know already it will never come close to your pages. Love the married tiles, again a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when you go rogue! Your eco-print tile is perfect, and draws me into this lovely garden. I never thought of spritzing the line work with water. You always instruct us and inspire us. And this new journal! I can't stop looking at it, wondering how it all came together! Thank you for your kind condolences. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete