Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Weekly Challenges and other artsy meanderings...


Nestled Heart String

I was really hoping to be done with hearts, though I knew The Diva had hearts planned for the month. Fortunately, I was able to make use of this watercolor page in my current DIY art journal. I'd set this up quite awhile ago. It's funny because I could see a heart at the heart of it when I was looking for inspiration for this challenge, and now I see a flower.
Anyhoo, I started this off boldly with a brush pen. I left the center for last.

Watercolor start

&

This was a tough one and it took forever! I loved the Joey string idea. I tweaked it a little because it reminded of the stacked string tiles that I was fixated on for awhile. It's a new series of "Finish my Tile" starts. I've turned everything on an angle  and started with a couple of wavy horizontal lines and placing Hibred on the bottom and top, before leaving it to await the next part of the challenge.
I was happy to see Golven among Adele's choices. I love that pattern and it was a perfect fit into Joey's string. Sandswirl is a fave and Barney was new to me. I did a deconstructed version of it and then added a few other faves for fun.

Other artsy meanderings:

exploring my new set of Daniel Smith watercolors
inspired by this video

Leaf practice

More fun in the DIY art journal ...

Drippy circles
inspired by this video

Multi Media Art Journal
inspired by Maremi Small Art



🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾💞

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!




22 comments:

  1. Wow, Michele! Everything is gorgeous, as usual ;-) Your dual challenge is great, I especially like the IAST half. And you have such beautiful colors on the Diva Challenge piece, it makes me smile to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Michele! My absolute favorite is the duo-challenge! It is a wonderful idea, to combine the two tiles. And your combination is so sophisticated and elegant. Maybe I will try such a combination by myself. It opens some new ways. Your heart for the Diva is very romantic, in its soft colouring and beautiful patterns. It looks like it would be Aimees favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margarete 😉 the duo challenges have been quite fun although there are many times I feel like I've made a huge mess as I work through them. In the end I'm always a bit surprised at how well they turn out😉

      Delete
  3. Thank´s Michele! I might do the Diva´s challenge because of your inspiring page! I was also hoping I was done with hearts this month! But now I belive I am not! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! It's been a challenge to find ways to embrace all the hearts 😉

      Delete
  4. First of all, thank you for a beautiful inspiring video!!!
    The combination of Joey and Adele's challenge is my absolute favorite but I'm also fond of your lovely watercolourpainting. It looks easy but I know it isn't but your did a great job, as well the leaves as the flowers.The combination of te watercolours and pens is stunning. I'm sure Aimée won't agree with me (LOL)
    Great work Michele!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria! I like to feel that all of the time I spend watching YouTube videos is not wasted😉 I've found the leaf practice is so very Zen.

      Delete
  5. Yummy, the watercolor start for your Diva challenge entry looks like a peach inside a raspberry :) But WOW for that combined IAST and Joey page! my gosh, that is just stunning! but all of it is lovely, as always. I dig your style, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Michele...I loved the way you tied Joey's and Adele's challenges together. One flows into the other, no matter which way you're looking at it. Most inspired by the watercolor work. I have been self-teaching and just found myself going down the rabbit hole with the videos. Thanks for that lead. Yours are soft and flowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Roseanne! Ha! the rabbit hole of YouTube is so true. There's a fine line between inspiration and procrastination;-)

      Delete
  7. I agree the way you combine the two challenges is really great Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've combined the two challenges... with the tangles inter-twined. I aspire to tgese techniques everytime i draw! Perhaps you could do a progress video??
    And I love your Diva nestled hearts! ...and your watercolours leaves...❤❤❤!!! Hugs to Aimee! Looks like she's saying ..."Cuddle time Mom!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Deanne! I don't have the bandwidth to make videos and my process is a bit of a mess. But once I get the strings to meld and the main patterns placed, I move back and forth between the two sides seeking balance between contrast and organic vs. linear patterns;-)

      Delete
  9. You are the match-maker of tangle challenges. Indeed, again a great combo and as I said on my site, I wished I had this melting talent you are mastering so fantastically, too. Oh, well, I can always hate you instead. Now I dont know which of my emotions makes me feel better. SCREEEEEEAAAAAM!!!!
    I can see that you have taken Marta's watercolor balls to a new level. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Deanne about the video! You have so many interesting techniques in your bag, and you are always so generous in your sharing. I hope to try the drippy circles soon. They are so lovely, and since I have no water color skill, this might work. Thank you for your kind condolences on my blog. They mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete