Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Diva Challenge #339



Diva Challenge #339
"Fall"
Artoo, Gordgeous, Mooka & Diva Dance

I had the unusual work week of all opening shifts so my daytime drawing time was non-existent and in the evening I seem to be addicted to YouTube drawing videos so I was very unproductive. I flaked on the daily Inktober drawings but I'm still gonna finish it. Stay tuned.
I started this tile on a piece of eco-printed watercolor paper. The little branchy bit wanted to be "Artoo"...

Anyhoo...
It begins. Holiday themed challenges. Thankfully, The Diva gave us a little leeway, factoring in her global following since many don't celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...and though it's Fall here it's Spring in the southern hemisphere.
I'm just a holiday theme curmudgeon and this is the time of year I'm constantly battling my peevishness with the short days and all of the holiday fueled sales pitches tossed at me every where I go  <<end rant>>.
I do love seasonal colors. Fall is my favorite. 
Though it wasn't required, I decided to give "Gourdgeous" a go as well. It's not a fave but I've seen it done so beautifully by others that it's one that I want to improve.


My artistic interpretation of Aimee 
I call this...
"I Naps"

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!











13 comments:

  1. Heydoo, Michele. Great Gourds is all I can say!!! Mine look always so artificial - make that stinky artificial!!! I was able to finish MY October 'punishment' of 31 refresher tiles, next year I will be ready for Inktober as well. Already looking forward to it.
    PS: Make a new link on the DIVA site for this page, the present one has an "L" too many at the end (htmll).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! Gourdgeous is a work in progress. This time I tried to think of it as a modified Diva Dance. It's improving. I need to look at some of Michele Beauchamps Gourdgeous tiles. She's my North Star;-) Thanks for the heads up about the link!

      Delete
  2. This tile really comes alive and is full of movement. As always, I want to study your colouring techniques - so subtle yet deep. On a different note, I too dislike "seasonal" celebrations. I see them all as merely commercial opportunities to be ignored at all costs. I loath Trick or Treat because it has crept across the Atlantic via the retail industry and has no tradition attached at all. Oh dear, I'm ranting too! Better go and do some drawing to calm me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! Yes... I was surprised to see some of my UK peeps post pics of their kids dressed up for Halloween. I just wanna hide out and make art for the next 3 months 😉

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful tile in warm autumn colors. Despite the harmony of the beautiful colors, the drawing is very lively. I'm excited! And I like your Aimee too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margarete! I'm hoping I can continue a series on these tiles. Aimee thanks you too 😻🐾😉

      Delete
  4. I think you've nailed Gourdgeous! It is breathtaking on the eco-print with Artoo, Mooka and Diva Dance, and photographed so artistically! I howled at your Aimee pic and title. (Oops! Hope I didn't wake her!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer 😉 This was a fun one. I just hope I can keep up with my non-dominant holiday interpretations🐾

      Delete
  5. Your drawings on eco dyed paper look always gorgeous. I love the special autumncolors with a beautiful shine that you have used and Aimee knows what is the best for us all: taking a little nap after work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria! It's the best time of year to crack through my eco-printed paper;-)

      Delete
  6. Your Diva tile is fabulous. I love the eco-dyed tile. (I put mine aside - your tile will be my inspiration to use them!) Great fall colors.

    ReplyDelete