Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Diva Challenge #334, Joey's Challenge #184 and more...

"Crazy 'Nzeppel"
additionally: Pixioze, Beadlines and fanning Fescu

Earlier this week, Sakura published a video of Molly drawing Crazy 'Nzeppel. I'm crazy about 'Nzeppel so awaaaayyyyy we go!
I'm also in a back-to-basics mode after making myself a nice stack of white tiles.

9 piece ensemble series: tile #7
Featuring: whaaat?!?..."Nzeppel"
additionally: Baton, Striping, Flux & Tripoli

More Crazy 'Nzeppel. Love it! I think this is one of everyone's Mac 'n Cheese patterns. I could keep drawing it all week.
We're two weeks short of completing this ensemble. I'm so anxious to see everyone's finished creation. Mine included.
I've been deliberate about NOT showing the group until it's done, only because I'm trying hard not to make it look like an Opus that's been divided into 9 sections.
This is what I started with. It's 2 different sets of ATC's colored with art tissue. My goal was to make 9 individual and self-contained pieces tied together with a string and a color story. With the exception of checking to make sure the string is still lining up, I don't cross tiles with the same pattern. I honestly don't know how it's all gonna relate in the end.

beginning another play with 'Nzeppel.

I figured this week was the perfect opportunity to focus on one of my faves. This one started with the crossing line work using my Rapidograph technical pen (waterproof) and water-soluble Staedtler Triplus Fineliner for the orbs, then...

...a few sprays of water....


A couple of weeks ago, Adele Bruno's "It's a String Thing" Challenge was Ampersand inspired. I Googled images of ampersand's and was fascinated by what cool strings they'd be, so I made a few. I never ended up creating anything for the challenge but these are fun to play with.
This was my string for this week's Diva Challenge:


...another ampersand start...

...using Eni Oken's Echo-lines
I love Echo lines

I haven't shaded this one yet, but here's another one that I did:

There's an ampersand in there somewhere.

For Square One: Purely Zentangle
African Artist and Pixioze

For the FB group Tangled and Journaled: Too!
The Little Zen Menu weekly prompts
Zendala #66, "Ta-da", Spirals and red/violet

Aimee talking to a crow

She was making a sound I've never heard from her before. When ever the crow cawed, she'd respond with a sort of a staccato meow. It made me think of a baby velociraptor;-) She is such a trip!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me 😍





21 comments:

  1. such beautiful and inspiring work! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tangles, especially the N'zeppel tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margarete! I love drawing 'nzeppel as you can probably tell;-)

      Delete
  3. Great n'zeppel tiles, but love the water sprayed tile. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! Those water soluble pens were a happy accident;-)

      Delete
  4. Oooo! Much beauty, as always, but I especially love your diva tile and its shading/shadows. I agree with you totally about 'nzeppel, Michele, but it fascinates me that my sister, who tangles beautifully, struggles with 'nzeppel and only uses it for things like challenges when she "has to".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! I do love me some 'nzeppel;-) I really have been drawing it all week!

      Delete
  5. Beside always showing beautiful work, you have many times something extra for us tanglers, and that is what I really appreciate. Your uncomplicated but very original work with water spray is such an example.
    I can't wait to see your final result, but I know, you will wait to let us see the final result after finishing the last tile. You are right, we all are curious to see, only two weeks to go...
    I know what AImee is thinking:" please come closer, so that I can catch you", don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria! It's always fun when I make a happy accident. Those Staedtler Triplus Fineliners were so inexpensive and very pleasant to draw with. I'm glad I discovered early on in my little sketchbook that they bled.
      I'm looking forward to all of the results of the Joey ensemble. This has been my favorite series of challenges.
      That crow was almost as big as Aimee;-)

      Delete
  6. Ohhh! what mystery does the entire collection of 9 tiles have in store? love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see all you your ensemble together! The 'Nzeppel tiles are lovely. I especially like the effct that you got with the water soluble Staedtler Triplus. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I have mixed feeling about the impending end of this series because I'm enjoying it so much😉

      Delete
  8. Love, LOVE your 'Nzeppels!!!! Especially the ones with the long lines, I'm going to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome how much and how beautiful and elegant are your tiles. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love that N'zeppl monotangle, before and after the splash of water. Tell Aimee that we have catbirds in our yard. Might be easier to communicate with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pieces. I actually love the happy splash!

    ReplyDelete