Friday, April 10, 2015

Alphabet Challenge #1 & Made by Joey #55


 Diane Clancy's Alphabet Challenge #1
Arukas, Borbz, Cat-kin
Made by Joey Weekly Challenge #55-Cat-kin

This was not in the plan this morning. I've been a bit pre-occupied this week and haven't had the time to attend to my weekly challenges. I've got two work-in-progress tiles that needed to be finished and  this weeks Diva challenge to start (and finish) by Saturday nights deadline.
I hit the cafe early this morning and somehow got derailed into Diane Clancy's new Alphabet Challenge. I was looking at some of the submissions and I was inspired by the color and something sort of clicked. I started sketching. I've been wanting to go into a slightly larger format with the idea of doing some greeting/notecard type of artwork. So the idea, for now, is to use this challenge as the prompt for some colorful cards.
I also incorporated this into this week's Made by Joey Challenge to use the pattern Cat-kin. I'm not certain whether or not I'll get the rest of the challenges finished.
I thought I'd share a couple of my sketchbook pages. I tend to spend a lot of time on the internet just looking at patterns and other artist's work trying to decide what patterns to use. I just randomly picked these three patterns and started the drawing within minutes of deciding to do the challenge.


Note to self


Week 15 
 for Jane Monk's One Tangle Facebook Group.

Many thanks to all of you for stopping by and especially to those who leave such lovely comments. Your work and feedback inspires me.

8 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous entry!! It totally glows against your dark background!! :) Wonderful how you combined Joey :) I am so glad you got derailed :)

    It is all amazing - at the moment the Borbs just glow and grin!! Thank you for joining in!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-diane-caroliens-a-b-c-challenge-entry
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-joeys-cat-kin-challenge-entry/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anybody would be super delighted to get something like that as a greeting card. So wonderful! Been going back and staring and the color one a couple of times now. Amazing! I'd have no issues framing it and putting it on display. Love it!

    Thanks for joining our challenge :)

    ~Carolien
    zandiepants.dk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colours that you have chosen, it's rich but not too dark with the perfect amount of highlights! The tangle around the border is new to me so I'm going to give it a try, very effective!
    Thanks so much for linking up this week!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors. What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Aquarelle watercolor pencils and watercolor applied with a waterbrush.

      Delete