Sunday, June 5, 2022

Journals to the People: “Colors May Vary”


This is a soft cover journal measuring 6” x 8 1/2”, single signature with 94 pages front and back. The cover started with a frozen pizza box covered with white gesso, then decoupaged with the spent art issues I used to dye some of the papers within. The cover was then sealed with glossy gel medium.

I didn’t put an image on the cover but I included some pocket cards that could be used as cover art at some point if desired.


I love that you can keep using the same tissues over and over as the intensity will diminish with each generation resulting in a wonderful and extremely useful variety of tonal value. Then you have a cool pile of collage fodder in the end as the tissues still hold onto color.



The decorative papers are a digital mash-up which includes:

PM Artists Studio

Tracie Fox Creative

Artmaze

Malena Art Design

Pink Monarch Prints

and more I’m sure I’ve forgotten.



















No comments:

Post a Comment