Thursday, September 27, 2018

Diva Challenge #369 and then some...

Orb-tastic

After drawing straight lines, drawing orbs is my next favorite thing. I can't draw a decent circle to save my life, but somehow, in my mind, the word "orb" implies a little more latitude.
I saw a drawing on Pinterest that reminded me of Helen Williams elegant swirls and curls. I can only aspire to such grace with my pen, but that doesn't mean I ain't gonna try;-)

In my trainwreck journal

I thought you might get a kick out of this handy little tool I found awhile back at Mai Do, my favorite pen store in Japantown. The handy-dandy pencil extender. Look at that crazy little nub. I saw them being used by an illustrator on YouTube.

More orbs and Travelling Tangles:

My finish...

...to this start by Beth Bentz

A Two-fer
Zendala Monday
&
Travelling Tangle

...from another Beth Bentz start

another finish...
...to a Beth Bentz start

This little pile of fun came from Connie Kennekens in The Netherlands quite awhile ago. Somehow I managed to delete the starter photos from my camera.

I made signatures from my eco-printed papers in preparation for Inktober. My idea is to focus on botanicals. Stay tuned😉

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!












23 comments:

  1. What are traveling tangles? They look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duchess! The Travelling Tangles Project is a Facebook group where we swap Zentangle tiles we've started for our partner to finish. Come check it out😉

      Delete
  2. Always so fun to have the chance to see your work. Love the orbs! The eco-printed signatures are lovely. I really must that kind of printing sometime. As always so interesting to see what you do with the traveling tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! It's been fun getting back into the Trainwreck journal and the freedom to explore. As for the Eco-print journal, I'm going to try to not put pressure on myself to complete "finished" drawings but focus on smaller studies as well as abstraction 😉

      Delete
  3. These tiles are so wonderful. I really enjoy your weekly showings and look forward to them. Maybe once I finish settling in, I will do some of the traveling tangles again. I can't wait to see the botanicals you create for Inktober.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pat! I really appreciate your kind words. Let me know if you ever want to swap a travelling tangle. I love how they inspire me to stretch my creativity. I'm looking forward to the botanicals too. It's a whole new thing for me😉

      Delete
  4. Michele ~ I just love these, and most especially the blue beauty. It’s always a treat to see your train wreck journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roseanne! I've missed working in that journal. I had forgotten all about it during the Diva's hiatus.

      Delete
  5. Love, love and love that Orbs 'tile'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work this week, Michele! All tiles are very beautiful, especially my favorites Orbtastic and your traveling Mandala!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Diva tile is gorgeous, love the wonderful colours and the composition and as always I'm impressed how you manage to finish every T.T. in such a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of the above! The colors, swirls and highlights on your Diva tile are stunning! I can't wait to see your Inktober entries. (I mentioned last week that I was floored that it's already "that" time of year!) Safari is not wanting my comments to appear on blogspot pages, even my own :( Hope Chrome works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jennifer 😍 yes it is hard to believe it's October already 😛 we'll see how Inktober goes. I'm trying to not put too much pressure on myself yet I want to live up to the challenge.

      Delete
  9. Lovely tiles! And I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete