Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Chasing Down My Diva Groove...

Diva Challenge #367
N'zeppel
There was quite a lot of art going on last week, but not much in the way of Zentangle. I got the the N'zeppel challenge done but the Duo-Challenge was another bust. I did dust off the old DIY journal to get back into my Diva groove. There are still a good bunch of pages to be arted but I'm about to start on creating a new one.
I'm pondering what theme, if any, I want to pursue for Inktober and I've been getting my fountain pens cleaned and inked up.
Back in my DIY/Trainwreck journal

Straight Lines

I love this challenge. I've actually done several straight line pieces since Monday. This was the first one I finished. Soooooo very Zen.

Zendala Monday

I started this last week and only just finished it. I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

"Wishy Washi"
for the FB Group Anything Goes: Tangled Art for Everyone

This is an ATC I had from an old watercolor batch. The prompt was to use washi tape on your tile and I had this little piece that I'd received in a swap.
 
Painted stickers for my art journals and swaps

I spent a lot of time making bits and pieces for my next Flow-ish Journal swap for this FB group I've been quite obsessed with. Basically we swap stuff from our stash of art journaling papers and ephemera. I do a lot of handmade stuff.

Acrylic and plastic wrap on junk paper and packaging

I've been watching a lot of videos from Cat Hand. She has a series called Mixed Media Morsels where she demonstrates various techniques in a small format so you can have these little morsels of inspiration when you want to create larger art. I made a several of the plastic wrap treated bits on random pieces of junk mail and packaging that I'll turn into tags and ATC's for future journals and swaps.

Eco-Printed papers

I did another batch of Eco-printing on a wide assortment of papers and envelopes.  I'm thinking of making these into signatures for an Inktober sketchbook focusing on botanical illustration.
Diva Challenge part 2
more straight lines

I finished this one over my morning coffee today while binge watching YouTube videos at the cafe;-) I was in my happy place.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.






21 comments:

  1. Your Monday Zendala is my absolulte favorite this week, Michele! I also like your Wishy Washi and your DIVA Tiles very much. All in all wonderful results this week!
    I am glad, you join Inktober again because your drawings last year were fantastic!
    This time I will combine the classic with the tangle Inktober. I am planning to use your idea of duotangling. On the left side there will be the classical and on the right the tangle. I am looking forward if this will work. Maybe I will draw greater classik Inktober pieces if I have enough time. Let's see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Margarete! I'm looking forward to Inktober but I don't want to overwhelm myself with expectations. I'm thinking botanicals. I can get as detailed or abstract as time permits😉

      Delete
  2. Your blue straight line pieces are my favourites this week. Great reminders of how simplicity can shine if we let it.

    I'm tempted to try Inktober this year. But I want to pick a format that will allow me at least a chance of keeping up with it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! I love the blue fountain pen in that journal and I really want to tackle botanicals for Inktober so perhaps I'll alternate between a couple of journals with various levels of complexity.

      Delete
    2. I'm very slowly working my way through Sharla Hicks Botanicals book - I love it. My problem is I love too many things and want to work on them all in parallel! Hence very slow progress in any one area.

      Delete
    3. I love Sharla's botanicals. I've not seen her book but I suspect I'd be in a similar situation 😉

      Delete
  3. Wonderful inspiring post! Your straightlines-work is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for the video tip! Cat Hand is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, Micelle! As you know, I chose to incorporate Frost Flower in my Diva tile as well. :) I'm fascinated by your eco-printing endeavors. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this plastic wrap technique and me too like that very much. Thank you for a very usefull refresher (and I love what the artist did with the waterdrops)
    Also this week again lots of beauties to see on your post, especiall the "Wishy Washy" tile and the Monday Zendalatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria 😍 I'm trying to work my way through those Morsel videos and produce a deck of inspiration cards.

      Delete
  7. The colors in your tiles hit me right in my happy place. Thanks for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your trainwreck journal, a junky, worn-out, old and messy looking, but full of character book containing your beautiful artwork!!! Something I can only dream of to ever own. Cherish it, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! That journal was the best thing I've done. There is never any fear of messing it up 'cuz I already did that;-)

      Delete