Friday, August 17, 2018

The Week in Art...

My finish...

...to this fun start by Karen Karstadt

My finish...
...to this start on a coaster by Karen Karstadt
though it dried out my well-used brush pen, I liked the streaky effect and kept going

Oh my...where did the week go? My work schedule was all topsy-turvy this week while I was training our newest cheesemonger. I'm such a creature of habit, drawing in the morning, art journaling in the evening. Mornings were pretty much shot. I started the Duo-challenge but never got beyond setting up the first half. I picked the pre-strung Zendala I'd planned to use but never put pen to it.
These Travelling Tangles were done earlier in the week.
Where I tangle...

Heidi Whitney had sent me the start of a tangle journal page that I have slowly been filling up. I use it for inspiration as I try to dial back the YouTube addiction. "Less time viewing, more time doing".

Here are a few more pages in my TTMMJJ:


I've started to include some of my favorite swaps from other groups as I strive to make this my go-to reference journal for starting and completing future Travelling Tangles swaps.
Some deconstructed, arted envelope bits find a home here

Here are a few pictures of the Flow-ish Junk Journal I received in last month's Grocery swap for the FB group Flow-ish and Trashy Junk Journals 
A Flow-ish journal is a working journal of inspirational bits. It's purpose is to be deconstructed to use in your own journaling., My partner Nikki lives in Olympia Washington and sent me a lot of local ephemera. I've already formed a couple of signatures and started some art journaling with it.
This bag she'd attached to the cover was full of fun bits

I love this illustrated page from her local Edible Magazine
I'd sent her some pages from my SF edition;-)
More fun illustration and a bit of wallpaper
more fun bits and pieces

Lastly I wanted to share a little art supply haul I got on Tuesday. The nearest Michael's/Joann's is an hour bus ride (two 30 minute buses) so I rarely do this. My big discovery was a new store called Tuesday Morning. It's a discount home goods store with a crafting aisle that is quite a hodge podge of crazy cheap stuff. The stamp pads and the tornado stencil were $1.99. I ventured into the world of decorative scrap book paper only because I loved that Masquerade theme book and colors. I'd actually picked up several others but then put them back because I have no idea what I'd do with them and my goal is to use what I've already got.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.

6 comments:

  1. I think it was a pleasant surprise to discover "Tuesday Morning" Me too loves love to look around in those little shops with so many tresors...and I always find something I need (LOL) but my absolute fave of the week is your first finished tile from Karen Karstadt!!!
    Love your coloured TTMMJJ pages and and especially the arted envelope bits look very cool.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria! That was a fun trip to what I'm now calling my Craft Shop Trifecta as the 3 stores are all at the end of the same bus ride. It's a good thing it's an inconvenient trip because I don't know if I'd have the self control to stay away😉
      I'm very pleased with the results of Karen's tile too. Have a wonderful week😍

      Delete
  2. Uh-oh. Tuesday Morning has craft supplies? And I just saw one not far from home? Another Michele rabbit hole opens up before me!!! I love the first tile, especially the shading. I'm impressed at how you used the streakiness in the second tile. It is lovely! The second page of your TTMMJJ is mesmerizing, everything about it--the colors, texture, stamps, tangles. Thank you, Michele, for another gorgeous post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jennifer😍 One of my YouTube crafters filmed a shopping trip there last week. I thought it was just home goods and always passed it by. The clearance section has the most enormous selection of decorative napkins I've ever seen. They're great for collaged backgrounds😉

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about starting things but getting no further - I seem to have a lot of weeks like that!

    Love your journal pages and great that you've got more bits to use in them and bargains too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! It's kinda crazy how a wrench in my routine can throw off the whole week. I'm hoping that I've got a jump start on this week's activities 😉

      Delete