Saturday, January 7, 2017

Meandering...


Finish my Tile: The Alphabet Series "A" A-dalfa
additionally: Aura-leah, Ambler, Ansu & Arc Flower

I started the year off with a post focusing on my word for the year. You can check it out here, but the name of the game is to get out of my comfort zone. I'm currently in a house/dog sitting situation that definitely has me completely off my routine. Drawing is a bit problematic because there really isn't a comfortable place to draw and the lighting leaves something to be desired. But, it's all good 'cuz I'm having a very productive week with the DirectTV satiating my Food Network addiction plus a nicely appointed kitchen in a neighborhood with great shopping. I'm spending more time in the kitchen and trying to revitalize my sadly neglected food blog. 
Anyhoo...Joey has presented an alphabet challenge to kick off the new year. She provided an A string and started us off with "A-dalfa". I adapted her string  to a Bijou tile to create alphabet headers for my pattern library.

I finished one more Travelling Tangle this week:

My finish to Raye Burnett's Bijou starter 
inspired by Margaret Bremner's Twisty Striping post

Raye's starter

Over at the Facebook group Zentangle: Tangled and Journaled: Too!, members are working their way through the Zentangle Primer. I don't have the book but I'm trying to follow along based on what other members are posting. I did these earlier in the week.
It's back to basics. I love that. We're using four starter patterns on a simple Z string and an then trying out tangleations of those same patterns. I really enjoyed doing these:

Primerless Primer Study
First Project: Z string with Florz. Crescent Moon, Hollibaugh and Printemps




My companion this week


Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!



3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using these challenges as letter markers in your absolutely brilliant collection of bijou tangle cards! I started a similar collection using ATC and included the steps but the project sadly fizzled due to lack of time. :o(
    Happy New Year my friend!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey! I truly appreciate the effort you put into these challenges. They're so inspiring;-)

      Delete