Saturday, April 1, 2023

Scrap Happy-Trash to Treasure Junk Journal




Scrap Happy came about from a junk journal challenge I followed in January where we were to create a journal using nothing but scraps.  I used a free publication I picked up at the grocery store for the signature pages as well as some advertising pages I tore out of a crafting magazine I subscribe to and some digital prints that misprinted.






I used Distress Oxide and Spray Stains to create backgrounds for potential embellishments






The cover was pieced together scraps of  scrapbook papers that I stitched around and then spray stained and splatter painted.

On some pages I used acrylic paint applied with a brayer.
I made a bunch of die cuts from odds and ends of decorative paper.
Some of the digital prints I just sprayed with water to create a bleed through effect and added some stenciling.







The corner pockets were made from drop papers I use in my paint box when I'm using my Distress Sprays.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment