Friday, October 19, 2018

Diva Challenge #372 and other artsy endeavors


Diva Challenge #372
Inktober Day 18
"Dewd"

The raw page

I did a bit of a Zentangle Inktober mash-up in the Trainwreck Journal this week. I've been watching The Diva's Inktober YouTube videos and they always inspire me because they're so quick and simple. She uses her dip pen and gorgeous selection of inks. I've been using my fountain pen for these last pages in my journal and true to form, I over-complicate by trying to cover a whole page with as many tangles as I could fit😉

The Inktober botanicals continue, though I got really behind, I'm just about caught up.

Inktober Day 16
New ink!

Doodles on a napkin. When I'm watching YouTube videos at the cafe, this is what I do. Then I collage them in my mixed media/junk journals.

I'm still not finished drawing this Nigella that I started for Day 13. It  was sooo cool but it almost did me in.

Inktober Day 11

Inktober Day 12
This is was an Eco-printed triangle sent to me by Annemarie Huijts with a Travelling Tangles swap


Inktober Day 13
a work in progress

Inktober Day 14


Inktober Day 15

Inktober Day 16

Got a few Travelling Tangles done:

These all came from Melody Hampshire
I was experimenting with Inktense pencils.



Thanks so much for stopping by! Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.







16 comments:

  1. Your shading on the Diva challenge is just delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful interpretation of the DIVA challenge and very beautiful TTs!
    But my favorites this week are your Inctober flowers, especially Day 14 and 16 are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with Margarete, the inktober flower are absolutely great, love them all and I like your finished TT, especially the third one and of course your entry for the Diva: typical Michele, colourfull and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to open you post! Love the Dewd 'tile'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work as always, dear Michele! I do love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are lovely. The botanical work is my favorite. I have been doing a series of botanicals for Inktober but most of mine are simple as I still find it difficult to be realistic with nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! The detailed botanicals have definitely been a challenge. My ultimate goal is be able to knock out quick and simple ones for my journals and mixed media stuff. I love your botanicals;-)

      Delete
  7. I'm really not partial to pink, but you won me over this week - with your botanicals and your swaps with Melody. Your blue Dewds et al. are gorgeous but the deep pink Gingko stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jem! The ginkgo is quite possibly my favorite botanical to draw ever 😉

      Delete