Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Diva Challenge #345 and other drawin's


Diva Challenge #345
Happy Holidays

This is the last Diva Challenge of the year and Laura posed two options: a Zendala or something holiday inspired. I was in a bit of a quandary as I don't have any zendala tiles and I'm a bit of a holiday theme curmudgeon when it comes to Zentangle.
I went rogue because I really wanted to finish this one up with my eco-print Cosmic Garden series.
I was inspired by Joey's use of a snowflake string for her challenge this week and though I didn't follow her challenge guidelines at all, I think it's as close as I'm gonna get to anything holiday. I'm using Phroz or Fasset (can't remember which is which) on the snowflake.
I would like wish all of you a joyous holiday season and thank you for all of the inspiring feedback you've given me.
For the next 3 weeks, I've issued myself a little challenge inspired by this video from my favorite You Tube art teacher Alphonso Dunn. He's got two videos of 7 simple tips for drawing everyday. I'll post some things  on Instagram, michelewynne9 as well as here. I suspect most of you are directed here by the Diva's linky so if you want to see what I'm doing for the next 3 weeks you can use the email thingy at the bottom of the sidebar to be notified when I post.
Here are a few things I've been working on:

Little Pieces of Art series
Tree Frog
pen and ink

The idea is to draw some thing every day, from drills and texture practice to abstract to finished illustrations.

More tree frogs
I love them


In my handmade journal
Perspective
Simple Pleasures Cafe


I started this over a week ago and though I bit off more than I could chew in terms of complexity I was determined to finish it today.

Gifts in progress

These resulted from several water color practice sheets I had laying around. I cut them down into 4 x 6 pieces. When I want to noodle around with my dip pen I'll grab one of these cards and do what comes organically. I've had them sitting in a box for months. Yesterday I had the brilliant idea to cut them all down to 2" squares and now I'm going to laminate them and glue magnets to the back and distribute them as stocking stuffers to the baristas at Simple Pleasures.

"Trainwreck Sketchbook"
one side shaded


Untitled

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me 😍

26 comments:

  1. Wonderful Diva tile with this special and original snowflake, beautiful contrasts and freezy "sky" Lov it!!!
    Thank you for the inspiring video of 7 simple tips for drawing.
    I like the funny frogs very much and I'm always surprised by the splendid colours you created on your tiles.
    And the most important: give AImee a big hug from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria! I truly appreciate your kind and encouraging words. Aimee and I wish you Joy and Peace this holiday season and always 🐾💞😉

      Delete
  2. Lovely work. I'm so envious of your baristas! They are lovely gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowflake looks extremely real with its angular pattern Fasset! A wonderful Cosmic Garden tile! Your "Trainwreck Sketchbook" is gorgeous, especially the shaded side! Also I like your drawings of the frogs and the cafe.
    I wish you a wonderful holiday season, merry Christmas, a happy new year and joyful tangling and skeching! Best wishes to you and your family, and first of course to Aimee, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margarete! All my best to you in the coming year and from Aimee too;-)

      Delete
  4. So much goodness in every photo. But I'll focus in on the glorious 'trainwreck' which is stunning illustration of the value of shading. I've loved reading your blog all year, a guaranteed fountain of inspiration. Here's to more next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Jem! I so appreciate your generous and inspiring words, especially as I attempt to diversify my creative output;-) Wishing you and yours a joyful holiday season!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful Diva tile - so festive (I hope that is the right english word...).
    Love your frogs!!! Amazing work :-)
    I like your idea to cut your water color sheets and tangle on them! I also play with watercolor drawing in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I truly appreciate your kind words and regular visits here;-) The watercolor pieces are always a lot of fun because they're very random and spontaneous. I had forgotten that I did something similar last Christmas and made bookmarks. Have a lovely holiday season!

      Delete
  6. You have created some wonderful artwork. I have been following your drawings on Instagram. I love, love, love the frogs. I "found" Alphonso Dunn a couple of weeks ago and have been looking at his videos, but I think it may be beyond me. Can't wait to see what you do with them. You inspire us with your color background work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! Many of Alphonso Dunn's videos are surely advanced. There's a group of Basics that simplify what seems complex. I'll link them in my next post. I almost gave up on the cafe sketch a couple of times. The key thing is to goooooo sloooooow;-)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful work Michele!
    I love your Diva tile. The snowflake is really beautiful. Wishing you a joyous holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that holiday tile and the frogs ..... gorgeous!!! (the frog is my power animal 🙂).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very artistic, beautiful work. Happy Holidays to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carmela! Happy Holidays to you too;-)

      Delete
  10. That snowflake is so lovely and rich! Beautiful beautiful work on the the drawings too. Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and unique Holiday tile! I do love your frogs ... you are a very talented lady!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Diva-tile, but I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great display of beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete