Saturday, August 19, 2017

It's a String Thing Challenge#208~ Happy 4th Birthday!

Happy 4th Birthday
Adele's birthday candle string
Copada, Knightsbridge, Wud and Trella

Kudos to Adele for 4 years of inspiring challenges. I've been following these challenges since long before I actually submitted my first at  #74 and they've enhanced my tangle practice immensely.  I've learned to embrace the string, in fact I'd probably be lost without it. My favorite strings are the ones that I lose, when the string is so embedded within the design that you don't even know it's there. I've introduced so many great new patterns into my repertoire thanks to IAST.
The format is different than other challenges in that instead of submitting challenges via a link, entries are submitted via email which are compiled into a gallery show every Monday where we can all see each others work all in one place and read everyone's responses to the challenges because, more often than not, they are indeed challenges. Patterns don't always play nice and easy with the strings so there can be many "Make it Work" moments. Adele takes the time to generously comment on every entry and declares a "Best in Show" and sends each winner a lovely certificate and a little Zentangle treat. IAST is a true gem among all of the blogs and challenges out there.
Thank you so much for all you do Adele!

My first
January 2015

I've been catching up with my "92 Days" of  tangle prompts for the Facebook group Tangled and Journaled too!"

I thought I'd include this. My little handmade sketchbooks aren't made with the highest quality paper but I learned to embrace the bleed through and use it as a jumping off point sometimes. I've never been one to get too precious about my sketchbooks/journals. Ideas can be messy;-)



Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful an generous comments delight and inspire me.






2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Michele ~ Loving those blues. A beautiful feast for the eyes. xo

    ReplyDelete