Thursday, May 18, 2017

Diva Challenge#316, Made by Joey Challenge #165 and It's a String Thing Challenge #195

Stripey String

This week at I am the Diva, Laura challenges us to create a striped string. I love stacked strings, but on a whim, I challenged myself to do the stripes spirally. I've been enjoying Laura's streams on Sunday evenings. I'm always inspired by how she works through a tile as there doesn't appear to be any pre-planning, beyond the theme of the challenge, as to what she'll be drawing. 
I don't have internet at home, which is why I'm always at the cafe nearby when I need to connect. I do have 4G on my cell-phone, but it always runs out before my month is up and I'm too cheap to add more. The slow speed doesn't really bother me that much except I can't watch videos. 
On Sunday evening I got myself all set up at the cafe with a book and a beer, waiting for the Twitch notification and just as it started I realized I forgot to bring my drawing pens. I had a fine ball point pen and a sharpie. I drew in the string with the pen since I had no pencil. I went back later and darkened a few bits to give it some contrast. I can't really say I'm all that crazy about this one.

Finish my Tile Alphabet Series: "T"
Featuring: Tamisolo
Additionally: Trifle

Another Bijou to add to my collection;-)

Introducing "Trella"
a new pattern by Adele Bruno

Adele introduced her new pattern "Trella" in last weeks challenge. I really enjoyed this one and had it finished quite early, so early that I forgot to send it in;-P 
I used a lightly colored tile I'd created using wads of nearly spent art tissue and a dip pen using blue ink.

I completed these Travelling Tangles this week:

My finish...

...to this delightful start by Brenda Urbanik
traveling all the way from South Africa

My finish...

...to another of Brenda's intricate beginnings.

My finish...

...to this lovely start by Elena Greer
traveling from Texas

My finish...

...to another of Elena's colorful starters



Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me ๐Ÿ˜





19 comments:

  1. We're you ever busy this week, I got my Diva done early but just finished my Capital T today and haven't even seen IAST Challenge yet! Lovely work as always especially the traveling tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so beautiful! I like your post, I like the way you solved the 'problem' with the pen :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie! I always have to remind myself that I can draw with anything if I re-adjust my expectations ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  3. I have to say, you amaze me. You have your own special style, but can easily adopt to someone else's as the first TT shows. All your TTs are beautifully executed, with the first of Elena's being my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beautiful eye candy! As always it is so fun to see the traveling tiles and how you finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Suzy, you have your personal style that I recognize at first sight and that I really love but it is very interesting to see how beautiful you always finish the TT, they are always gorgeous. (with or without help of Aimee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ria! What a lovely compliment ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  6. Your entry for Joey is also very original and I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always a complete joy to look at all your beautiful artwork. Elena's coloured tiles are wonderful and obviously great inspiration ...really love them. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! Yes, those were really fun๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  8. I particularly love the TTP with Elena. You two are a good team! I'm really drawn into your Diva tile, too. So many lovely borders to look at. And I love the weighted lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some stunning work here! I loved the water drops on your diva tile! You've also inspired me to get working on my stack of traveling tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure do seem to do a lot of challenges, and I like all your tiles. The spiral stripes on your diva challenge here are wonderful - love the balance and fine detail you achieved with what must be very fine stripes. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific combination of tangles for your stripes tile! I love how you've finished your travelling Tangles... the colours and highlights! :)

    ReplyDelete