Use My Tangle Monday
featuring: Amphora by Lily Moon
The first Monday of the month challenges us to use a pattern submitted to The Diva by one of her many fans, fellow CZT's and loyal followers.
I am (as are many) a huge fan of Lily's work. She's truly a superstar in the world of Zentangle. I'm so glad Amphora is the chosen one because I needed a reason to finally get this pattern right. I've attempted it before with disappointing results and let it go. I have a really hard time keeping wavy lines consistent, especially when they need to mirror each other. I was also frustrated because I'd get it too cramped. So, I practiced this for quite a while in my sketchbook and realized the problem I've had all along with it was drawing it too small. I had my AHA! moment, grabbed a watercolor ZIA tile I'd relegated to the slush pile and...well...there ya go;-) I still need to work on Amphora in what I call "wallpaper" mode or fill. Hopefully later in the week.
Finish My Tile Alphabet Series: J
additionally: Jalousie and Jilli
This is a Bijou series I'm working through as page headers for my pattern library binder so I try to stick to Joey's parameters as best I can whilst maintaining a style consistency through out my series.
I also want to share a progression series I'm calling "The Bare Bones". I used last week's "It's a String Thing" tile and posted the progress photos here. I'd love to hear from you if you find this sort of thing helpful and would like to see more. Many thanks to those of you who already commented on it. I know I always love seeing how others work through a tile.
My finish to...
Debra Huff's starter
This was for the Year of the Rooster swap. The task was to start a tile using either rooster colors or feather like patterns. I used a dip pen and red ink to complete this. I was inspired by some work I'd seen on Eni Oken's Facebook group Shading Zentangle using Echo Lines. I love how this tile turned out.
Last week I was visiting Laurel Regan's blog, Alphabet Salad. She presented a set of beautiful note cards she'd created on watercolor paper she'd hand torn just using a metal ruler. I gave it a shot and then used tissue paper to color them.
I created this for the "Por Fin" Shading Zentangle weekly challenge
but I really don't want to shade it...yet;-)
Official Zentangle Patterns page
I'm trying to get all of them;-)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me!