Friday, February 19, 2016

String Challenge #132

Going old school with pen and ink and hand painted tiles this morning. I bought a set of calligraphy tools last month and I've really enjoyed using them, especially doing the renaissance tiles. The ink bleeds a little on the watercolor paper and I tend to make a mess but that's all part of the journey.

String Challenge #132
String #132
'Dillo, Tattle & Tri-bine

This is a weird one but I kinda like it. I did not intend for this to look like fish.

This is the ensemble piece I started in the last post, complete with a big blob of ink right in the middle. Apologies for the unfortunate photos. My idiotphone camera quality has sadly deteriorated and I don't have a scanner at home.
I trimmed away the white border from the masking. The original sheet size was 9" x 12".
I ended up with six 3 1/2" square tiles and a strip I can cut down into 2 bookmarks.

Finished pieces scanned

Now I just have to find a frame that speaks to me. Stay tuned.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.


  1. Your tiles always have this vintage feel to them. :)

    I love your string challenge tile. Dillo is such a fun tangle to work with.

  2. <3 everything! Bravo for the string challenge!