Monday, August 5, 2019

Project Share: Dressing Up My Naked Journal

This is the Naked Journal I received in the swap I mentioned in my last post. This cover is made from a cracker box I think. My swap partner, Carol, had the cardboard interior of the box as the cover and then she'd covered the inside cover with painted labels and pockets.
I decorated the cover with a napkin and used some of my handmade paper beads on the binding string tails. I love this journal and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I went through and did some collaging, stamping and stenciling to give it my mark

The journaling card was from Carol but I wrote the quote from something The Diva said on one of her Zentangle videos awhile back.
I collaged shreds of colored art tissue that had given up its color.
I made a pocket out of a piece of my Zentangle inspired art

Collaging, stamping (my hand carved stamp based on a design I saw on Kim Dellow's YT channel) and stenciling

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a beauty - a great collaboration between you and Carol. Those paper rolled beads made me smile - I used to love making those when I was a kid! Thanks for the reminder of simpler times, simpler pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! Yes those beads are quite addicting and relaxing to make. The results are so satisfying that I just wanna keep going😉

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, Michele, this journal looks like a lot of fun. Leafing through the pages, finding all kinds of stuff in pockets, adding memory items that you just can't throw away...
    Imagine the story-telling book it becomes once you show it to kids and grandkids down the years. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! I'm a bit obsessed with these journals as you can tell😉

      Delete