Friday, October 12, 2018

Diva Challenge #371 & Inktober


"Onion Drops"
&
Inktober Day 10: Flowing


Zendala Monday
Inktober Day 8: the prompt was "Star"
loosely based on a Jupiter Star Hellebore


Other Inktober drawings:
The prompt was "Exhausted"
I was a bit exhausted by the detailed studies
so I went for relaxing

The prompt was "Spell"
how do you spell...


The prompt was "Chicken"


 Inktober fun in my Trainwreck Journal
This was inspired by something I saw on CeeCee's channel
31 Days of Botanicals
The prompt was "Precious" 
this is anything but...

This is a signature I created for another swap for the Facebook Group, "Trashy and Flowish Junk Journals". The task was to make a 2 sheet signature (8 1/2"x 11" folded in half to make an 8 page booklet) using black, white, red, tan & brown.
I'm not a scrapbooker or cardmaker so I don't have the decorative papers or packaged embellishments I see a lot of people using. I art my own and use stuff from my stash of costume and fashion history images, art, travel and museum books, catalogs, postcards, brochures and stuff I just tear out of magazines. 
Last week I shared some pictures of a Flowish Junk Journal I sent for another swap. My partner posted a flip-thru of it on her YouTube channel if you want to see it and here's a video of the one she made for me.

I had a lot of fun with this.
The background is a red paper place mat I stenciled
The two sheets of paper I used were from a book of historical folk patterns
I covered this one with sewing pattern tissue
I've been into making stamps out of fun foam. 
I stamped a bunch out onto some tea/coffee dyed paper.

The corner pockets for this and the one above were from a museum catalog of kimonos

various tags and journaling cards
The backsides of the tags and journaling cards
 and a little booklet for journaling

I have to share a little haul I found at a Ross store the other day. These Faber Castell Gelato sets were
$1.99 each! Crazy. In addition to the 4 sticks they included a brush and a little floral cling stamp or a dauber. There was only 1 of each and I bought them all. 


I've never used these before so I watched a couple of videos and when I got home I made this mixed media piece:

for the Facebook group
Mission Inspiration

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.






23 comments:

  1. So much creativity! I like your take on onion drops. The have a very deep sea vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of beautiful work! It's hard to take it all in. I came to see the Onion Drops, which you have given a very quirky and fun look! But I think my favorite is the feathers in response to the chicken prompt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever have time for other things, I wonder? So much done and sooooo beautiful. The challenge tile is FUN, especially because of the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie! It's funny that when I sit down to start to write my blog post each week I feel like I haven't done that much;-)

      Delete
  4. It is a party coming to your page! So rich and so much to get inspiration from! Love the color you used for the Diva´s challenge! And your happy Onion Drops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came here to see what you did for the Diva Challenge, but am wowed by all your other work too. Your creativity oozes off the page/screen. Usually, I'm thankful for the world digital media opens up to me, but in this case, I'd love to see your work IRL (in real life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Suzanne! I always feel like my work looks better on screen than it does IRL but, if you ever want to do a swap let me know 😉

      Delete
  6. Just love your beautiful mix of colours on your dIva's tile, your Mission Inspiration and the Precious work, absolutely fantastic but also the organic plants and flowers are made in a great way and I don't wanna forget to say that your journaling cards are very cool and special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ria 😉 the train wreck journal always starts me off on the right track 😍

      Delete
  7. Your Zendala is stunning and your ongoing Inktober soothe me just to look at them. I imagine finding them tucked into the pages of an old favoured novel.

    Well done on your Gelatos haul too! Gotta love a bargain like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jem! I'm having a lot of fun with those gelatos. What a find😋

      Delete
  8. Your tile for the DIVA looks so wonderful oriental, like one thousand and one night! And the flower drawings are just gorgeous, Michele! I also like your beautiful journals!
    Congratulations on purchasing your gelatos. You can do a lot of nice things with it. I've done beautiful prints of autumn leaves, which I then combined with tangle patterns. I wish you a lot of fun with your new equipment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margarete 😉 Inktober always pushes me out of my comfort zone.

      Delete
  9. Hello my friend! I missed seeing your work now that I don't do the weekly challenges anymore so I decided to stop in for a visit! Your work is as beautiful as ever! I especially love your flower drawings. You are so talented! I clicked on the link of the Flowish Junk Journal and was amazed at the package that you put together for your swap partner. I recently sorted through an interesting package of papers, calendar pics and clippings that I picked up at the Thrift Store. I was hoping that if I passed some back to the Thrift Store another artist would be inspired by them, but I am instead going to mail them to YOU! I know that you will put them to good use! So glad that I stopped in for a visit! Hugs, Joey <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by! You are so sweet to pass along your goodies 😋 thanks so much!

      Delete
  10. I really like the variety of your creativity. Your onion drop towers are so lively with that daring and flashing pink. Greetings. Kathariana

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much wonderful artwork this week! Especially I like the colourful tile with "onion drop". Your are very creative lady!

    ReplyDelete