Thursday, March 31, 2016

String Challenge #138

It's a String Thing Challenge #138
Pattern: "Citrus"

I managed to squeak in one more post for the month.

This week Adele challenged us to use her new pattern "Citrus" as either a string within which we could add patterns of our choosing, or to just use as a  pattern on it's own.

I have a stash of postcard sized watercolor splashes left-over from a recipe card project and this one was perfect for its citrus coloring and splashes. I trimmed it down to tile size and used a sepia micron for the string and then a traditional calligraphy pen with brown ink (which is a very rusty red) for the fills and then dark french grey Prismacolor pencil for the shading.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments inspire and delight me.



2 comments:

  1. Refreshing pop of colour paired wonderfully with a Citrus-y tangle. Reminds me of ice cold fruit juice on a hot summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour and the pattern. Your tile looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete