Friday, February 19, 2016

String Challenge #132

Going old school with pen and ink and hand painted tiles this morning. I bought a set of calligraphy tools last month and I've really enjoyed using them, especially doing the renaissance tiles. The ink bleeds a little on the watercolor paper and I tend to make a mess but that's all part of the journey.

String Challenge #132
String #132
'Dillo, Tattle & Tri-bine

This is a weird one but I kinda like it. I did not intend for this to look like fish.

This is the ensemble piece I started in the last post, complete with a big blob of ink right in the middle. Apologies for the unfortunate photos. My idiotphone camera quality has sadly deteriorated and I don't have a scanner at home.
I trimmed away the white border from the masking. The original sheet size was 9" x 12".
I ended up with six 3 1/2" square tiles and a strip I can cut down into 2 bookmarks.


Finished pieces scanned

Now I just have to find a frame that speaks to me. Stay tuned.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your thoughtful and generous comments delight and inspire me.

2 comments:

  1. Your tiles always have this vintage feel to them. :)

    I love your string challenge tile. Dillo is such a fun tangle to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 everything! Bravo for the string challenge!

    ReplyDelete