Sunday, October 4, 2015

Antonine's Throwback Thursday #1



This tile was resurrected for a new challenge from Antonine Tangles. It took me a while to find my stash of oldies. No one would ever accuse me of being organized, so I'm a little late to this week's party.
The idea is to go back into your tile archives and apply what you know now to an amateur piece and see if you can improve it with the mad skills you've since acquired. I'm trying to finesse my shading these days.

I started my Zentangle obsession about a year ago. This tile was originally submitted to Square One: Purely Zentangle. The pattern of the week was "Ing". I'm not sure of the date.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Your generous and thoughtful comments always inspire me.


2 comments:

  1. Michelle, thank you so much for your Throwback tile! I love your shading and rounding on the Ing. This looks like a fancy bakery box with some wonderful Chinese pastry creation in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another challenge I didn't know about ;-) Quite like the idea!
    About your work: it always surprises me to see the difference betweed shading and no-shading. Your shading gives the tile so much depth!

    ReplyDelete